Sponsored

4xe Electric Mode Temporarily Unavailable msg

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
You may be the exception. All you have to do is spend a little time pursuing this forum to see how many owners run into this issue.

As for class action lawsuits all over the place... attorney's don't take these cases unless there is a chance of recovering big bucks.

Obviously the poster is not as fortunate as you with only a couple weeks and his is in FORM.

Not sure you will convince owners that have this issue that it's just dumb luck that they got one or because of the way they are driving it. Anyone who buys a plugin hybrid expects to save money by running on EV, but when the vehicle won't run on EV then you're not saving anything.

I took mine to the dealer for resolution and they burned a half tank a gas, changed the oil, reset the oil indicator and two weeks later... back in FORM.

It's a real problem and just because a few owners (like you) think it's not a big deal because it doesn't happen to them will not convince those of us that have the problem that it's not an issue.

I'll let the courts decided and this will be the last PHEV that I ever buy. Total waste of money!
It's most likely how you are using the 4xe that is causing FORM, try to figure out why you are getting FORM and remedy that.

FORM isn't limited to the 4xe, FORM happens on all PHEVs.

Again it's not a BEV, it's still the same old gas guzzler with some electric capability.

Check the same forum, you will see people think they bought a Wrangler that gets 49 mpg.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
You may be the exception. All you have to do is spend a little time pursuing this forum to see how many owners run into this issue.

As for class action lawsuits all over the place... attorney's don't take these cases unless there is a chance of recovering big bucks.

Obviously the poster is not as fortunate as you with only a couple weeks and his is in FORM.

Not sure you will convince owners that have this issue that it's just dumb luck that they got one or because of the way they are driving it. Anyone who buys a plugin hybrid expects to save money by running on EV, but when the vehicle won't run on EV then you're not saving anything.

I took mine to the dealer for resolution and they burned a half tank a gas, changed the oil, reset the oil indicator and two weeks later... back in FORM.

It's a real problem and just because a few owners (like you) think it's not a big deal because it doesn't happen to them will not convince those of us that have the problem that it's not an issue.

I'll let the courts decided and this will be the last PHEV that I ever buy. Total waste of money!
They’ve sold a crap ton of 4xes. A small percentage of people are on the forums either as enthusiasts or to complain. Then there is a group that has occasional issues or want to modify there’s that come into ask questions.

As you can see on this forum, we have beat the shit out of ours and towed a trailer on 37s 15k miles on and off road. Like any Jeep it’s had issues, but like most of my vehicles, it hasn’t been back to a dealership since it rolled off the lot.

Enjoy the almost 400 horsepower while you wait for eco mode to be availabile again.

TKOffroad

First Name
Tad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
FORM isn't really that inconvenient. If you're stuck in FORM then it's just a normal wrangler, it doesn't seem to change performance at all (Or it didnt for me when I was in FORM)

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
FORM isn't really that inconvenient. If you're stuck in FORM then it's just a normal wrangler, it doesn't seem to change performance at all (Or it didnt for me when I was in FORM)
mine has been in form for the last 3 days all of a sudden. They had performed the service bulletin on it back in November. Did an oil change at the same time - life has dropped drastically since. Not too cold here - just in the 40s-50s. I prob just need to put some new gas in it to kick it out of it.

the issue I have is that i dont like listening to something that sounds like a sewing machine

RD16RR

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X 4xe
Temps in NY area dipped in to the teens so electric use dropped off and FORM kicked in for a little while - went to e-save mode and forgot about FORM....temps still in the teens today, will see how it goes

Sponsored

TKOffroad

First Name
Tad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
mine has been in form for the last 3 days all of a sudden. They had performed the service bulletin on it back in November. Did an oil change at the same time - life has dropped drastically since. Not too cold here - just in the 40s-50s. I prob just need to put some new gas in it to kick it out of it.

the issue I have is that i dont like listening to something that sounds like a sewing machine
Do you have the 3.6? I have the 2.0L and it sounds like a monster rather than a sewing machine ?

Osan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda CX-5
mine has been in FORM the past few days. We've been around or below freezing here in NJ.

Sponsored

rforbes

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Rubicon X 4xe
Keep in mind to get out of FORM you need to run the engine for a little while with the oil temperature around 200 degrees Fahrenheit. The one time I was in form I just drove around for a while to get the temp up and then let it idle in my driveway for 10 minutes and FORM went away.

The key is the oil temp has to be up there for the fuel to burn out of the oil.

Bottom line is, engines don't work very well when they are cold. It is not uncommon for people to drive all electric except for maybe the last couple of miles of their trip. That is really bad for the engine.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Mildly humourous that engine sound is now a thing to nit pick with the Wrangler
Huh. I haven't really considered sewing machine. Feel like it's too loud for that
Yes - the sewing machine comment was somewhat sarcastic in comparison to just running on electric.

What's not so funny, and I think the main point of this - buying a plug in hybrid that, for the last 5 days, won't actually run in electric mode. After having already taken it in for Jeep's supposed fix and having just recently changed the oil.

It's not like it's really cold here in CA, and the engine and oil seem to be getting up to temp. Anyway, will give it one more day where the gas light should come on and then fill the gas back up (maybe just halfway this time) and see what happens.

Point noted on burning the gas out of the oil and it needing it to be at temp - will monitor that and if needed take it for a big long run and drive the snot out of it (maybe literally).

All of the above, not what I was expecting when getting one of these.

TKOffroad

First Name
Tad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
Yes - the sewing machine comment was somewhat sarcastic in comparison to just running on electric.

What's not so funny, and I think the main point of this - buying a plug in hybrid that, for the last 5 days, won't actually run in electric mode. After having already taken it in for Jeep's supposed fix and having just recently changed the oil.

It's not like it's really cold here in CA, and the engine and oil seem to be getting up to temp. Anyway, will give it one more day where the gas light should come on and then fill the gas back up (maybe just halfway this time) and see what happens.

Point noted on burning the gas out of the oil and it needing it to be at temp - will monitor that and if needed take it for a big long run and drive the snot out of it (maybe literally).

All of the above, not what I was expecting when getting one of these.
Oh electric mode lol. Yeah it's a sewing machine

finn1969

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4Xe
My 2022 4xE has been in FORM for about a month. Recently had its service and most likely it is trying to burn through stale gas. I have filled it up a few times, but the wife uses it for short trips.
The good news is the electric option still works and kicks in when you need the power so no loss there. Just am unable to go full electric for the short trips which is annoying. It has been pretty cold which doesn't help.
Overall the vehicle has been great and no complaints for what I paid for it, especially since JEEP prices skyrocketed from 2023 onwards. I don't think I could pay upwards of 70k for a Wrangler.
Sponsored