Sponsored

4xe dog mode?

jpqst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Does the 4xe have a climate setting to keep the interior warm or cool without the vehicle running similar to Tesla?
Sponsored

try4321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4XE, 2018 Tesla X LR
Does the 4xe have a climate setting to keep the interior warm or cool without the vehicle running similar to Tesla?
+1

pat12bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
My AC does work without the 2.0 running, I assume the batteries are spinning the compressor and fan. Haven't walked away from it though.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
My AC does work without the 2.0 running, I assume the batteries are spinning the compressor and fan. Haven't walked away from it though.
My AC runs before the engine kicks in. It is pretty loud under the hood though Haven't tried running it for along time in "electric only" mode, though.

Flieger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
The A/C running on battery is that loud “vacuum sound” people complain about. It is a bit loud LoL, when that happens I just turn the engine on and it quiets down.

Our “doggie” mode so far is doors off, sides and back off, top latched for shade.

This is our preferred running mode in the sun, like a boat with a bimini top😁

Sponsored

LoganDzwon

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
You can set the ignition to RUN but with engine not started. (Basically, don't push the break when you start it.) The A/C will run and it will continue to charge if plugged in.

However, I do not know if it will auto shut-off after 30 minutes.

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
You can set the ignition to RUN but with engine not started. (Basically, don't push the break when you start it.) The A/C will run and it will continue to charge if plugged in.

However, I do not know if it will auto shut-off after 30 minutes.
I can confirm it will auto shut off. Brandon Haneline showed if you disconnect the driver door harness, the auto shutoff will stop and the AC will run indefinitely. LINK

LoganDzwon

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I can confirm it will auto shut off. Brandon Haneline showed if you disconnect the driver door harness, the auto shutoff will stop and the AC will run indefinitely. LINK
No, he tested it with the engine on. Two issues, (1) the gas engine will cycle on/off like that which may not be desirable. (2) Anyone could just get in and drive away if you left the Jeep like that.

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
No, he tested it with the engine on. Two issues, (1) the gas engine will cycle on/off like that which may not be desirable. (2) Anyone could just get in and drive away if you left the Jeep like that.
True, but I have not been able to get the A/C running unless the engine was on, either from a remote start or the start button. I will try in run mode :)

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Depending on how long you’ll be away from the 4xe, you could get out of the jeep, lock the doors, and use the remote start. This will activate the climate control for 15 min (I believe) and will keep the doors locked. Even if someone gets in the jeep while it’s remote started, the jeep won’t let them truly start the vehicle and drive away without the key present.

Obviously this only works if you have remote start and won’t be gone for more than 15 min
Sponsored