Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
If you order I would assume you can avoid many of those fluff charges?

My original trade in quote may have been dependent on the vehicle. Ford offered me $8K more, which I wasn't expecting anywhere else.
Do you need a Jeep for the trip? Are you dead set on the 4xe?. If you really want it and dont want to wait a few months it is gonna cost you. But think about the extra cash as a way to own your Jeep early and enjoy your trip. Theres a huge demand right now, it costs what it costs. Dont blame it on the dealers, theyre in the money making business.
Sponsored

OP
OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I definitely don't blame the dealers, they have a high demand item. I just didn't like the deceptive tactics on this ones listing.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
I'll start off by saying I've purchased 8 new cars so far in my lifetime and this is the first time I've had this kind of experience.

I found a local 4xe that was a match for a vehicle I wanted. MSRP was 55,160. There was an online discount of $3881 being offered. I contacted the online sales manager, verified price, and did an online trade in estimation.

When I got there, there was an additional $4K in dealer options, not a single one I wanted (Nitrofill for $200, some fake ceramic coat, GPS Security System, etc. etc..). Considering it had protectant, one of the fenders was scuffed up beyond being able to be buffed out and the hood already had a some minor damage. Nobody would even acknowledge or seemed to be able to find any of my prior correspondence.

Then they didn't honor the original dealer discount. They said it was for military. I hope they give a military discount, but it wasn't stated anywhere on the web site. They are calling it "clearance price". Usually, dealers "forget it" at the signing and then you have to have them change the paperwork.

Then they shorted my trade in by another $4,000 under the range given online. This is a car that is garage kept, low milage, well maintained, fully loaded, been ceramic coated, etc.

I was looking at $12,000 more than I had been lured in for. Despite that I could afford it I just couldn't do it. When I purchased my last car, it was exactly the online listing. They still "forgot" the negotiated discount at closing but fixed it when I caught them.

At the end, the manager came over, was friendly and gave the explanation that they had 4 other appointments to see the same 4xe and the factory was limiting them to two at a time. I appreciated that honesty at least.

Sorry for the rant, not going to give up. But $4K in useless, unadvertised dealer extras?
Give Gupton Motors a call. They took amazing care of us, and I know the amazing deal we got(8% under invoice) isn't applicable to the 4xE but they won't do you dirty like this dealer did.

FWIW I don't have anything to do with Gupton other than the fantastic experience I had with the whole process of ordering and picking up our JLURD.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Give Gupton Motors a call. They took amazing care of us, and I know the amazing deal we got(8% under invoice) isn't applicable to the 4xE but they won't do you dirty like this dealer did.

FWIW I don't have anything to do with Gupton other than the fantastic experience I had with the whole process of ordering and picking up our JLURD.

I also ordered from Gupton Motors. Picked up my JLUR this past Monday. 8% off invoice. Even got 0% financing from Jeep for the remaining balance after my down payment. Drove up from Atlanta to get it and made a weekend out of it and hung out a bit on Broadway.

The finance lady asked me if I wanted to extend the warranty to 85k miles/5 years. I kindly declined and there were no other upsell attempts. Pleasant experience.

Sponsored

CodyDog

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE /2021 F250 7.3L King Ranch FX4
We were very fortunate to good dealer in San Antonio. No add ons, upfront discount and they gave us a top dollar trade on our SUV.

On the other hand, when I was searching for a Gladiator prior to deciding on the 4XE, I found several dealers around Austin that all played the add on game and were not upfront about a few things. Unfortunately buying a new vehicle has become such a strategic time consuming exercise.

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
Any favorite dealer in San Antonio and did they give you a good deal under invoice of at least 5% under?

OP
OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
All done, got her with preferred color and sky roof for $8k less than than than the other dealer. This dealer refered to what the other did as a *bump", I think? They said they don't do that and from what I verify while there, it seemed to be the case.

Discounts, while there, were minimal. Demand is just high.

20210425_162102.jpg

ВџУМεΆј℮℮℗

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC GREMLIN, GMC SIERRA, 21 WILLYS

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
Dealers make most their money on the trade in, the financing markup, and the add on's. Very little profit is made on the car itself unless its crazily marked up.

And for some reason this add on crap happens a LOT at CDJR dealerships compared to other brands which might not even add a single red penny of "add on's".

These are a profit center for dealers and is actually the tip of the iceberg. Say if someone agreed to the deceptions or possibly had the manager "do them a favor" by removing one or two, they'd go into the 'finance box' only to find more deceptions, such as crazy marked up warranty or "service plans" baked into the monthly payment.... If they manage to net a unicorn they can probably make 10k or more. And if you're good at dodging add on's, they'd end up kicking you out (ask me how i know).

As far as your trade goes, I'd suggest selling it separately to other dealers; most of the time my trades go to carmax, carvana, vroom, shift, or givemethevin. There are also local brokers like cartrackers. I've sold cars to ALL of them except croom.

Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
they'd go into the 'finance box' only to find more deceptions, such as crazy marked up warranty
I'll admit this happened to me on my last vehicle purchase. Finance manager lied to my face and said they would "throw it in." I repeated verbally stated that I wanted no extended service or warranty options, and he verbally assured me (aka lied to my face) that it was included at no cost. I was exhausted from being there for 4 hours dealing with them, I should have caught it and walked away, but I missed it until I got some mail from the extended warranty on the mail and realized I'd been had.
I canceled the service immediately, and called the dealership repeatedly over several days until I got the finance manager on the phone. At that point I proceeded to give him a piece of my mind until he hung up on me. It was childish, but I don't regret it.

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
I'll admit this happened to me on my last vehicle purchase. Finance manager lied to my face and said they would "throw it in." I repeated verbally stated that I wanted no extended service or warranty options, and he verbally assured me (aka lied to my face) that it was included at no cost. I was exhausted from being there for 4 hours dealing with them, I should have caught it and walked away, but I missed it until I got some mail from the extended warranty on the mail and realized I'd been had.
I canceled the service immediately, and called the dealership repeatedly over several days until I got the finance manager on the phone. At that point I proceeded to give him a piece of my mind until he hung up on me. It was childish, but I don't regret it.
The 4-6 hours at dealership is extremely unnecessary and basically a carefully designed/thought out process so the exact thing you said can happen... Literally every step of the 'sales' process is carefully thought out to maximize dollars while carefully threading the needle on the state laws. But you're one of the lucky ones who know that the extended warranty can be cancelled, or even purchased right before your car is out of warranty.

Do I need a $2000 service plan that buys a dozen oil changes, a fluid flush wipers and a few air filters? Or $5000 for extended warranty that you can get for half the price before the warranty expires? They seem to think so haha.

Jeep4xeME

First Name
Rams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep/Charger
I'll start off by saying I've purchased 8 new cars so far in my lifetime and this is the first time I've had this kind of experience.

I found a local 4xe that was a match for a vehicle I wanted. MSRP was 55,160. There was an online discount of $3881 being offered. I contacted the online sales manager, verified price, and did an online trade in estimation.

When I got there, there was an additional $4K in dealer options, not a single one I wanted (Nitrofill for $200, some fake ceramic coat, GPS Security System, etc. etc..). Considering it had protectant, one of the fenders was scuffed up beyond being able to be buffed out and the hood already had a some minor damage. Nobody would even acknowledge or seemed to be able to find any of my prior correspondence.

Then they didn't honor the original dealer discount. They said it was for military. I hope they give a military discount, but it wasn't stated anywhere on the web site. They are calling it "clearance price". Usually, dealers "forget it" at the signing and then you have to have them change the paperwork.

Then they shorted my trade in by another $4,000 under the range given online. This is a car that is garage kept, low milage, well maintained, fully loaded, been ceramic coated, etc.

I was looking at $12,000 more than I had been lured in for. Despite that I could afford it I just couldn't do it. When I purchased my last car, it was exactly the online listing. They still "forgot" the negotiated discount at closing but fixed it when I caught them.

At the end, the manager came over, was friendly and gave the explanation that they had 4 other appointments to see the same 4xe and the factory was limiting them to two at a time. I appreciated that honesty at least.

Sorry for the rant, not going to give up. But $4K in useless, unadvertised dealer extras?
I trust you didn’t trade in your car with them? I’ve found it more beneficial to trade the car in elsewhere from where you’re purchasing, unless you have a relationship of trust with the dealer from past purchases.

PriceForFlight

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I also ordered from Gupton Motors. Picked up my JLUR this past Monday. 8% off invoice. Even got 0% financing from Jeep for the remaining balance after my down payment. Drove up from Atlanta to get it and made a weekend out of it and hung out a bit on Broadway.

The finance lady asked me if I wanted to extend the warranty to 85k miles/5 years. I kindly declined and there were no other upsell attempts. Pleasant experience.
Cool, didn’t know Jeep was offering 0% on Rubicon’s. If I can get that plus my 7% off invoice I’ll be set!

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Cool, didn’t know Jeep was offering 0% on Rubicon’s. If I can get that plus my 7% off invoice I’ll be set!
It's 0% for 36 months on the Rubicon, but I am not sure the 4xe is included.
Sponsored