4xe Coolant leak and MPG

rlnAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 4XE Sting Gray
Howdy! At the advice of a lawyer, we called our note holder, who sent a dealer representative to talk with our dealer. That paired with lots of prayers and my husband calling nearly every day and a lot of back and forth, our dealer ended up buying us out.

They told us FCA wouldnā€™t work with them on buying it back. So they bought it and will have to work until they repair the issue and resale itā€¦ but honestly, itā€™s probably a great deal for them because we had preordered when employee pricing was still applicable, so theyā€™ll make more money the second time around.

We had gotten to the point where jeep engineers didnā€™t know what to do and sent them a ā€œspecial meterā€ and asked them to ā€œjiggleā€ connection points with the meter attached to see what happened. They were going to replace the entire wiring harness and estimated at least a 6-month wait for parts. There were 3 other 4xes in their shop (2 ahead of us) having similar issues.

We are glad to be out of it but it sucks because I genuinely love wranglers, and I am struggling to find something I like now, but it doesnā€™t seem prudent to buy another vehicle from FCA.
Thanks for your reply. Glad you had a relatively quick resolution (buy back). I think my problem has been fixed. The dealer (at my first appointment) said they could not locate the source of the leak and asked me to run it for a couple weeks to see if the leak was over flow or something else. I drove it on a Bunch of 20 minute drives, then checked for leaks with a flashlight around the turbo and hybrid battery coolant reservoirs. Finally saw a few drops of coolant on the turbo reservoir (front nipple hose connection). Took it back to the dealer and they ordered a new hose ( could not tell if the reservoir was cracked). The repair was done on August 13. To make the repair they removed the front grill and drivers side headlight to get to the hose. The tech told me the hose had a cut/split near the clamp on the reservoir nipple. I think the leak is fixed. Has not leaked after a half dozen drives. My issue was a simple leak compared to your issue. This is my second Wrangler, and third Jeep. I love Jeeps, fun to drive but reliability is a crap shoot. If you get a good one you are fine, if not, a lot of miles will be put on going to the dealer.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mrr.23

First Name
Miranda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Thanks for your reply. Glad you had a relatively quick resolution (buy back). I think my problem has been fixed. The dealer (at my first appointment) said they could not locate the source of the leak and asked me to run it for a couple weeks to see if the leak was over flow or something else. I drove it on a Bunch of 20 minute drives, then checked for leaks with a flashlight around the turbo and hybrid battery coolant reservoirs. Finally saw a few drops of coolant on the turbo reservoir (front nipple hose connection). Took it back to the dealer and they ordered a new hose ( could not tell if the reservoir was cracked). The repair was done on August 13. To make the repair they removed the front grill and drivers side headlight to get to the hose. The tech told me the hose had a cut/split near the clamp on the reservoir nipple. I think the leak is fixed. Has not leaked after a half dozen drives. My issue was a simple leak compared to your issue. This is my second Wrangler, and third Jeep. I love Jeeps, fun to drive but reliability is a crap shoot. If you get a good one you are fine, if not, a lot of miles will be put on going to the dealer.
That is awesome! Iā€™m glad they were able to repairs yours so quickly. Hopefully you will have smooth dialing form here on our. It does seem to be like you said you get a good one or a bad one from the get go. Best of luck!

Gumby509

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4XE
I preordered my 4xe (my 3rd wrangler) and was so excited to pick it up this past Saturday (4/24). We drove it home - about 150 miles - and got up the next day to find a pink fluid on our garage floor. We took it to a friend who also drives a Jeep, and he told us to take it in as it looked like transmission fluid. So my husband took off work Monday (4/26) to drive back to Houston for repairs. The dealership got to it quickly but didnā€™t have parts in stock, so he had to leave with a rental. Itā€™s now Wednesday, and after calling several times, we were told they couldnā€™t find the part, and they will update us when there is new information. Weā€™ve now had the car in the shop longer than weā€™ve had it in our possession.

(Also, we were reading about 14.5-16 mpg... which seems a bit off but possibly unrelated.)

I know people say youā€™re buying problems when you buy a jeep, but this is a bit ridiculous. Iā€™m very frustrated and upset, but we have no idea what to do but wait on them. Does anyone have any advice, or have you heard of similar problems with a vehicle straight off the lot?
Purchased my 4XE weeks ago and had it delivered by the dealership. This is my 5th Jeep and third Rubicon. It arrived with check engine on. I should have noticed this during the walk through so my bad there. Same exact problem as others have had. Pump fail overhearing due to all the coolant leaking out. @JeepCares does not care or they would have fixed this problem at the factory. Two days in service so far, and no ETA on parts. Driving smelly rental until fixed. If not repaired in a week i am going to blast poor reviews every where i can. #holdingbacktheanger This is not okay.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Purchased my 4XE weeks ago and had it delivered by the dealership. This is my 5th Jeep and third Rubicon. It arrived with check engine on. I should have noticed this during the walk through so my bad there. Same exact problem as others have had. Pump fail overhearing due to all the coolant leaking out. @JeepCares does not care or they would have fixed this problem at the factory. Two days in service so far, and no ETA on parts. Driving smelly rental until fixed. If not repaired in a week i am going to blast poor reviews every where i can. #holdingbacktheanger This is not okay.
We're very sorry to hear of your concerns, Gumby509. To clarify, the Jeep Cares team works through Social Media and not at the factory, but we do apologize for the issues you've experienced right after the delivery. If you'd like an extra layer of support while you're at the dealer, please send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored