2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
Well, there you have some warning, lol.

So far I haven't seen anyone with the RRT software updates report a spontaneous shutdown. But it's only been about a month or so.
I had all the RRTs done about two weeks ago. I am at 7426 miles and the spontaneous shutdown happened to me this morning on the way to work. I was at 76% charge and just over 1/2 a tank of gas. I checked all my fuses again and all were good. I have an appointment with the dealer Monday morning.

I was able to pull over safely. Once I stopped and put the Jeep in park, all the alerts went away. I got back on the highway and got to work with no other issues.
Sponsored

SoCal Dawg

First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
I had all the RRTs done about two weeks ago. I am at 7426 miles and the spontaneous shutdown happened to me this morning on the way to work. I was at 76% charge and just over 1/2 a tank of gas. I checked all my fuses again and all were good. I have an appointment with the dealer Monday morning.

I was able to pull over safely. Once I stopped and put the Jeep in park, all the alerts went away. I got back on the highway and got to work with no other issues.
Were you using regenerative braking? Any more issues?

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
Do you have buyer's remorse for buying a 2021 4xe? Referring to your username.
Not at all! I had bought the 2018 JLRU in early 2018 , I soled it to get a VW Atlas Cross sport. I regretted that form week 1 and could not wait to get out and into another wrangler. It worked out well since I fell into the 4Xe. It's so fun to drive and I love the power. I can also charge at work so I fill the gas tank about every 4 to 5 weeks, saving money on gas is a great bonus.

Sponsored

SoCal Dawg

First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Not at all! I had bought the 2018 JLRU in early 2018 , I soled it to get a VW Atlas Cross sport. I regretted that form week 1 and could not wait to get out and into another wrangler. It worked out well since I fell into the 4Xe. It's so fun to drive and I love the power. I can also charge at work so I fill the gas tank about every 4 to 5 weeks, saving money on gas is a great bonus.
Thank you for the info.
There has been no reason to that point to hit the "service bay" earlier. I am scheduled tomorrow to bring it to dealer and I was told in another group that one of the updates addresses this issue. For the nitwit that said this possibly wasn't real - that's just rude. Very dangerous condition and regardless of the battery condition, this is a design flaw that scared the crap out of me.
Any updates from dealer/service? When we close on our house I’m really wanting to replace my GX with a Wrangler. I’ve looked at the 2.0T, diesel, and the 4xe. The 4xe makes the most sense for my use case. I’ve read about this issue here and on the 4xe site.

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
Thank you for the info.

Any updates from dealer/service? When we close on our house I’m really wanting to replace my GX with a Wrangler. I’ve looked at the 2.0T, diesel, and the 4xe. The 4xe makes the most sense for my use case. I’ve read about this issue here and on the 4xe site.
I do not have updates from service. I have driven 2,500 miles since including a 200 mile road trip and have not had any other issues. Other than that one incident the 4Xe has been great to me. I have 90,000 plus more mile left on my warranty. I have no regrets with the purchase.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase