Sponsored

4xe Color Match/Black Top Swap Thread

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
This thread is for people who would like to connect to to swap tops on 4xe's. I suppose non-4xe owners could, but would prefer that 4xe owners get preference.

Issue: Some early adopters may have been forced into body colored tops when ordering the dual top group, but would prefer black. A limited (supposedly) amount of buyers expected to receive colored tops when adding the dual top group, but timing and dealer order software issues meant their Jeeps were built with black tops instead.

Let's connect and swap tops to try to make everyone happy!

If interested, post your order color, which way you want to swap (color to black or black to color), and location. Someone near you (or not so near if driving doesn't matter) who wants to swap the opposite way can reach out to set up a meet-n-swap.

I'll start!

Ordered Nacho, want to swap black top for body colored, location NE Ohio.
Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Silver top to black top....Kansas City
I'll add switching to a black top from a painted top should also have an additional cost to the person getting the painted top.

OP
OP
Dryver

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver top to black top....Kansas City
I'll add switching to a black top from a painted top should also have an additional cost to the person getting the painted top.
I think that would be up to the people swapping. They'll both be happier afterwards, so both wants what the other has. Is money necessary? Up to them. Not everything is about money.

dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
I ordered mine with soft top only. Posting here because I wanted the black hard top but it was unavailable when I ordered - in case anyone wants to sell a black hard top.

KaiyaKai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chief Blue Rubicon 4XE
Sarge green hard top looking for a black in Washington. Willing to do a straight swap.

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that would be up to the people swapping. They'll both be happier afterwards, so both wants what the other has. Is money necessary? Up to them. Not everything is about money.
True. I guess someone could want a black hardtop so bad they would eat $1,200 dollars in an even swap. Heck of a deal for the person getting the painted top.....

OP
OP
Dryver

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True. I guess someone could want a black hardtop so bad they would eat $1,200 dollars in an even swap. Heck of a deal for the person getting the painted top.....
Sure, refer to KaiyaKai's post #906 in the 4xe Order Staus thread.

KaiyaKai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well considering it would/will cost me $1300 to have the hard top coated with LineX (more durable than paint when removing the tops), I'm out money either way. I'd save $100 if I did a straight swap.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't charge $1,200 but I would $800. I can handle the painted top over eating $800. I'm guessing I'll be able to work something out with the dealership anyways just like they did with my wheels on the current one.

OP
OP
Dryver

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't charge $1,200 but I would $800. I can handle the painted top over eating $800. I'm guessing I'll be able to work something out with the dealership anyways just like they did with my wheels on the current one.
It's your choice and more power to you. Just suggesting you don't define what other people should/shouldn't do and leave it up to them.

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's your choice and more power to you. Just suggesting you don't define what other people should/shouldn't do and leave it up to them.
You may want to reread it. I didnt define it. I said I would add it.

Newbie 4xe

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
The sales person handling my Jeep is working to get me the Snazzberry top I ordered. If heā€™s unsuccessful, Iā€˜ll have a black top looking to swap for Snazzberry in southeast PA.

hmmm...sarge green top with Snazzberry body. I could be the Christmas Jeep....

KaiyaKai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The sales person handling my Jeep is working to get me the Snazzberry top I ordered. If heā€™s unsuccessful, Iā€˜ll have a black top looking to swap for Snazzberry in southeast PA.

hmmm...sarge green top with Snazzberry body. I could be the Christmas Jeep....
If I was closer, I could make that happen for you :LOL:

KY_Soldier

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ-2A, 2021 4xe, few Teslas & Ferraris
I saved my granite crystal hard top with headliner from my 2018 JLUR to put on my incoming 4xe. Will be an interesting combo. Looking to get some 80th granite crystal wheels to match the top. Ordered my sahara with the tan premium top.

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ā€™21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)
Nacho top looking for Black top
Sponsored