michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
This is good to know. Keep us updated.

Any early warning signs to be aware of? No odd lights or dings? I’ve got a regular Baltimore - Boston loop to see extended family.

Made a few trips across PA and NY while averaging 65-70. Haven’t experienced anything that severe yet. Closing in on 4K miles.
No early warnings.
Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
My dealer was great. My car was impacted by the seal recall for a charging issue. They got the part within 48 hours and completed the fix. They also told me there was a series of rapid response updates for the 4xe. They applied all of them. This was over a week ago and we’ve driven the 4xe daily with no sign of it shutting off randomly again. We are avoiding highways for awhile just to confirm. i would highly recommend getting the updates if you have not already.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
no cruise control was being used at the time of the stall. Like what Thill444 said, You only have seconds to respond.My wife said she is going to avoid getting on highways with it for a while. If this happens again we are going to trade it in and take the loss.
I had the cruise control issue. It was a battle between braking and call for throttle. I've read other things about non 4xe Jeeps shutting down when getting both inputs. Adaptive Cruise Control isn't as common an option for Wranglers.

By any chance where there any sudden changes in throttle?

Your issue sounds like a little different issue. I don't think I got the turtle.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
The auto world isn't going towards fuel cells. Can't store enough in the on-board tank for most people's tastes. You might get e novelty car here or there but we're going through hybrids to all-electric. That's the end game. The maintenance on all-electrics will be near nothing in the not-so-distant future.
Not to mention the battery technology changes on the horizon and yet to be discovered. We are in a transition. Hybrids are not the long term solution but I can do 95%+ of my day to day driving in full electric at least. Emerging battery tech could double the 4xe's capacity while eliminating cobalt and nickel.

Much of the EV naysayers base their info off of cherry picked older studies that do not account for any further advances in technology and minimize environmental impacts of existing fossil fuels.

Anyway, I just really love the electric driving feel. Jeeps just needs to fix their programing to have a better and smarter "safe mode".
Sponsored