4xe Chief discontinued already?

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
I reached out to my dealer to trade my JLUR for a 4xe - really wanted to get it in Chief. Dealer informed that Jeep has already stopped taking orders in that color?

Is anyone else hearing that - it is still on Jeep's website?
Sponsored

Canyonero02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLUR
Check out the June build sheet in the Ordering section on here. It'll have the current colors and options. Build and price is not up to date.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
I reached out to my dealer to trade my JLUR for a 4xe - really wanted to get it in Chief. Dealer informed that Jeep has already stopped taking orders in that color?

Chief was closed like back in November/December last year.

HeidiHoForTheHills

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon

Although it showed Chief as an option on the website, it was a discontinued color at the time I placed my order a couple of months ago.

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Yea Jeep is TERRIBLE at updating their website. I had gone in with the intention of ordering Nacho and ended up with Gecko. Jokes on me, might have gotten it sooner if I had ordered any other color. Fuck me for having very specific tastes apparently.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Yea Jeep is TERRIBLE at updating their website. I had gone in with the intention of ordering Nacho and ended up with Gecko. Jokes on me, might have gotten it sooner if I had ordered any other color. Fuck me for having very specific tastes apparently.
There are many things I don’t understand in the Jeep-ecosphere and this is certainly one of them. Apparently, what you can/cannot build online is not what you can/cannot build from the dealer. Hello, Jeep, can you get your consumer facing online business platform the 1990’s for us please?

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
A simple app to check status on orders so that you dont have to deal with the jeep chat would be nice to get jeep up to 1999 internet status as well.

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Meh I prefer talking to a sub-humanoid/bot that has a scripted, detail lacking response to what the status of a $50k+ purchase is. It could be improved by telling me that my order is in purgatory and/or in a schrodingers jeep status.

Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
well - that wouldn't match my avatar. ;)

....and my order is no longer in purgatory. My Jeep LIVES!

I was just checking to see if you were paying attention. 🙃

Wapiti

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm on my third Wrangler over the last dozen years or so, and the inconsistency between the Jeep website and reality was always aggravating. Then someone pointed out in another thread that that the idea behind Jeep's website is to steer you to existing dealer inventory, not to allow you to actually build and price (despite the name). From their perspective, it's a bird in the hand (existing inventory slowly succumbing to entropy) vs. someone's wet dream.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Build And Price tool is designed for customers to build what they want then point them in the direction of dealer inventory that is similar to the customers wants but available to buy now.
Sponsored