Sponsored

4xe cheaper than JLUR 2.0T ! ($7500 Rebate Explained)

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Just my opinion but a vehicle that has a full electric range of 20-25 miles should not qualify for any significant tax savings. I would be curious to know of all the miles driven so far on the 4XE model how many of these were in electric versus the gas engine.
Of the 1103 miles I drove with my last tank of gas I did 853 of them in electric mode.
Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I'm leasing mine through Chrysler Capital and they are dropping the sale price by $7,500 for me as a CapCost reduction. So, my Rubicon 4xe at $56k +/-, then with FWP pricing, then with 6% below invoice, then the $7,500 tax credit from CC, my purchase price is about $44,325. Then if I want to buy the lease a few months later, I can do so and refinance it like a normal vehicle without having to wait for my taxes next year. Immediate reduction in the cost of the vehicle.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
I'm leasing mine through Chrysler Capital and they are dropping the sale price by $7,500 for me as a CapCost reduction. So, my Rubicon 4xe at $56k +/-, then with FWP pricing, then with 6% below invoice, then the $7,500 tax credit from CC, my purchase price is about $44,325. Then if I want to buy the lease a few months later, I can do so and refinance it like a normal vehicle without having to wait for my taxes next year. Immediate reduction in the cost of the vehicle.
Correct, because with a lease, they are the owner of the vehicle, not you.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Correct, because with a lease, they are the owner of the vehicle, not you.
I only chimed in because previous posts might have made people believe that the lender was going to keep the tax break without passing it along to the purchaser. At least with CC, they are passing it along which makes this a very attractive deal.

Magiaone

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F250
Was this just a humble brag? lol

As long as your tax liability was over 7500 you're good. I mean, technically you could pay 40k in fed income tax but have no tax liability at the end of the year and get it all back. In which case, you wouldn't benefit from the tax credit. You'd also be a little crazy. That's why I keep saying it depends on your tax liability, not what you paid in taxes.
Nope. It's a disgruntled statement on how much I have to pay...... 😳

Sponsored

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Could be worse, you could be paying high state income taxes on top of it!

Or it could be a LOT worse, you could be making something close to the average individual income for Texas (in the low 30's).

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
That seems like the wrong attitude. It's the reason we have a tax code that punshes success. It's only gonna get worse though so you best buy that heep before the gov takes it.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
That seems like the wrong attitude. It's the reason we have a tax code that punshes success. It's only gonna get worse though so you best buy that heep before the gov takes it.
That's a bit presumptuous of you. Let's not turn an offhand joke into a political discussion. We can have that privately or in another thread if you really want.

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
I have no need to discuss politics. I was just saying he mise well get something while he can. This administration is coming after his tax bracket.

Magiaone

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F250
All good for me. Don't want to stir anything up. It's the wife's Jeep and she loves it. 💯 battery for her commute both ways. Not really practical for me as I have a 40 mile EW commute. I ordered something to replace my F250

Sponsored

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Just to clarify, your federal income tax is not your total tax including social security, medicare, etc. It's just the federal income tax portion of your taxes.

And Jdub, how could you possibly put "no need to discuss politics" in the same line as "this administration is coming after his tax bracket"

Can the freaking JL forums be the ONE PLACE I don't have to hear anything about an administration?

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Just my opinion but a vehicle that has a full electric range of 20-25 miles should not qualify for any significant tax savings. I would be curious to know of all the miles driven so far on the 4XE model how many of these were in electric versus the gas engine.
As already stated, it's middle of the pack for mileage. Turns out, with 87% of the US population living in metropolitan areas, most people don't need much more than 21miles of range for their daily commute to be significantly electric.

I filled up once near the end of my road trip home (200miles) because I wanted to stop at Buccee's. I'm at 1100miles now and haven't filled up again, about 90 miles of gas range remaining. Today I ran it in hybrid because I had extra errands to run around town, but generally do my entire commute and have 50% battery left.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Just to clarify, your federal income tax is not your total tax including social security, medicare, etc. It's just the federal income tax portion of your taxes.

And Jdub, how could you possibly put "no need to discuss politics" in the same line as "this administration is coming after his tax bracket"

Can the freaking JL forums be the ONE PLACE I don't have to hear anything about an administration?
So yeah, no, because this administration is setting up a per mileage tax in their new spending bill. So even though I want a PHEV to help offset the cost of fuel, they're going to come after me anyway. He's absolutely right. May as well buy this while you can before inflation kills everything and all you can afford is a bicycle for $25,000. Get over it, politics are everywhere.

I won't mention it again here, promise.

Last edited:

15 Pieces of Rick Flair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla 3
With the price hike on the 4xe Rubicon I believe it's now roughly $500 more than the 2.0T Rubicon.
I'm going to pivot to getting an ICE Wrangler and wait for the full EV version to hit the market.

Now I need to find a dealership that is familiar/comfortable shipping a vehicle OCONUS...

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
With the price hike on the 4xe Rubicon I believe it's now roughly $500 more than the 2.0T Rubicon.
I'm going to pivot to getting an ICE Wrangler and wait for the full EV version to hit the market.

Now I need to find a dealership that is familiar/comfortable shipping a vehicle OCONUS...
Are you sure? Is that including the tax break? The 4xe comes with the Alpine and premium sound system and the LED package. If I configure them the same I save about $1,000 or more on the 4xe at my dealership.
Sponsored

Last edited: