Sponsored

4xe cheaper than JLUR 2.0T ! ($7500 Rebate Explained)

OP
OP
FloridaLarry

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Are you sure? Is that including the tax break? The 4xe comes with the Alpine and premium sound system and the LED package. If I configure them the same I save about $1,000 or more on the 4xe at my dealership.
Also automatic 4wd ;).
And yes, if you are buying (not leasing) you get $7500 reduction on your annual income tax bill for 2021 (its a credit). If you can't use all of it next April (ex. your annual taxes owed is less than $7500) you get to use the remainder against 2022's taxes.

If you lease, the dealer gets the credit, however Jeep dealers are allowed to use that $7500 as a negotiating tool to apply some or all against capital cost reduction to lower the payment. Not all dealers are that nice. Put up a fight and see what they say, ya never know. But 4xe's are too polular for them to budge --they don't have to try too hard to sell these.
Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Also automatic 4wd ;).
And yes, if you are buying (not leasing) you get $7500 reduction on your annual income tax bill for 2021 (its a credit). If you can't use all of it next April (ex. your annual taxes owed is less than $7500) you get to use the remainder against 2022's taxes.

If you lease, the dealer gets the credit, however Jeep dealers are allowed to use that $7500 as a negotiating tool to apply some or all against capital cost reduction to lower the payment. Not all dealers are that nice. Put up a fight and see what they say, ya never know.
Chrysler Capital is reducing the vehicle cost by $7,500 on my lease as a cap cost reduction.

15 Pieces of Rick Flair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla 3
Are you sure? Is that including the tax break? The 4xe comes with the Alpine and premium sound system and the LED package. If I configure them the same I save about $1,000 or more on the 4xe at my dealership.
Without the tax break it's considerably more. I added the LED package (that should be standard on the Rubi I think) and the sound system. Maybe I missed something? That's totally possible, I'm far from infallible. I'm going off MSRP on Jeep.com config page. In my current situation I can't price shop dealers easily. Sorry if I'm passing bad info.

EDIT: I must have missed something. I recalculated and a 2.0 Rubicon with the same options is still $1000 more than the same 4xe after the full $7500 rebate. The 2.0 gives you the option of passing on the stereo upgrade to save some money, but apples to apples it's a $1000 difference still.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FloridaLarry

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
It makes no sense to buy a regular Rubi. Here's my deal, which I will order tomorrow 😜

Rubicon 4xe
Base Price $53,505 (plus recent bump $1,280 = $54,785)
Added Options $8,360
Destination $1,495
Total $64,620

Less $7,000 TL Affiliate price and dealer discounts = $57,620
If I then account for the $7500 I get off my tax bill for 2021, I consider this deal about $50,000 👍👍
Of course I pay tax ($4,000), tag/title/doc/dealer fees (adds to $1,000) on top of the above.

The catch is I have to bum a ride 300 miles, and drive the 4xe back. Oh, and I have to wait 8 to infinity weeks to get it.

• Trailer-Tow and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group $795
  • Sting-Gray Clear-Coat Exterior Paint $245
  • All-Weather Floor Mats by Mopar® $165
  • Hardtop Headliner by Mopar® $525
  • Plastic Door Sill Guards by Mopar® $125
  • Grab Handle Kit by Mopar® $40
  • Trail Rail™ Management System $195
  • Steel-Bumper Group $1,745
  • Remote-Proximity Keyless-Entry $645 **
  • Gorilla Glass $95
  • Body-Color Fender Flares $695
  • Integrated Off-Road Camera $595
  • Body-Color 3-Piece Hard Top $2,495
  • Destination Charges $1,495
**After bitching about paying $645 for proximity alert in another thread, I added it because apparently the consensus on this forum is that its the best $645 I'll ever spend in my life. 😜

Last edited:

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Also automatic 4wd ;).

I'd double check your info on that tax credit. My understanding is that it's a one time credit that does not carry over. You use it, or lose it so to speak.

Sponsored

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
It makes no sense to buy a regular Rubi. Here's my deal, which I will order tomorrow 😜

Rubicon 4xe
Base Price $53,505 (plus recent bump $1,280 = $54,785)
Added Options $8,360
Destination $1,495
Total $64,620

Less $7,000 TL Affiliate price and dealer discounts = $57,620
If I then account for the $7500 I get off my tax bill for 2021, I consider this deal about $50,000 👍👍
Of course I pay tax ($4,000), tag/title/doc/dealer fees (adds to $1,000) on top of the above.

The catch is I have to bum a ride 300 miles, and drive the 4xe back. Oh, and I have to wait 8 to infinity weeks to get it.

• Trailer-Tow and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group $795
  • Sting-Gray Clear-Coat Exterior Paint $245
  • All-Weather Floor Mats by Mopar® $165
  • Hardtop Headliner by Mopar® $525
  • Plastic Door Sill Guards by Mopar® $125
  • Grab Handle Kit by Mopar® $40
  • Trail Rail™ Management System $195
  • Steel-Bumper Group $1,745
  • Remote-Proximity Keyless-Entry $645 **
  • Gorilla Glass $95
  • Body-Color Fender Flares $695
  • Integrated Off-Road Camera $595
  • Body-Color 3-Piece Hard Top $2,495
  • Destination Charges $1,495
**After bitching about paying $645 for proximity alert in another thread, I added it because apparently the consensus on this forum is that its the best $645 I'll ever spend in my life. 😜
Congrats! Also, you don't HAVE to drive it back 300 miles, you GET to drive it back 300 miles!!!

Pro Tip: Check your tire pressures when you get the vehicle. They seem to be set at 41+ which does not provide a great driving experience. Set them to 36 before heading back on that drive.

OP
OP
FloridaLarry

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
I'd double check your info on that tax credit. My understanding is that it's a one time credit that does not carry over. You use it, or lose it so to speak.

I got from IRS.gov, but maybe you know specifics about this particular one ?

Credit carryover. Taxpayers can carry any unused credit forward to the next year. This happens when the credit is more than the tax owed. In other words, taxpayers who have an unused credit in tax year 2017 can use it to reduce their taxes for 2018.

Also, Brandon Haneline, (the drag strip Sahara 4xe guy :p) mentioned it as well in one of his vids.

--------------------
EDIT; I mentioned fake news. Turns out drag strip guy was wrong, and the article I quoted is no applicable to this credit. You cannot spread this credit across two years like other credits.

Last edited:

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Engineer
You can thank us later! Another $1,500 and you can have the Sky One Touch as well.....just saying :beer:

OP
OP
FloridaLarry

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
You can thank us later! Another $1,500 and you can have the Sky One Touch as well.....just saying :beer:
I wanted the top removal capability. I know the drag strip guy was able to remove, but seemed problematic. Also, I can't check every checkbox, can I? That would be ... excessive. :)

Edit: I didn't include safety stuff & auto cruise, leather and power top. I plan to pick up a soft top one day, when I can figure out a decent HT removal and storage solution.

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Engineer
I wanted the top removal capability. I know the drag strip guy was able to remove, but seemed problematic. Also, I can't check every checkbox, can I? That would be ... excessive. :)
Enjoy your new Jeep, and please post some pictures when it comes in!

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I plan to pick up a soft top one day, when I can figure out a decent HT removal and storage solution.
If you can make it work, grab a Top Lift Pro. It makes the the top off experience soooo easy. That and a cordless nut driver :)

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
I got from IRS.gov, but maybe you know specifics about this particular one ?

Credit carryover. Taxpayers can carry any unused credit forward to the next year. This happens when the credit is more than the tax owed. In other words, taxpayers who have an unused credit in tax year 2017 can use it to reduce their taxes for 2018.

Also, Brandon Haneline, (the drag strip Sahara 4xe guy :p) mentioned it as well in one of his vids.

Here you go...

For individuals, the credit can only be used to offset a taxpayer’s tax liability in the current tax year (i.e., there is no carryback or carry forward). The credit is nonrefundable, meaning the amount of the credit cannot exceed a taxpayer’s tax liability.

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
OP
OP
FloridaLarry

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager

maxmxa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
If you lease the vehicle the tax credit is applied up front and you don't have to wait for your tax year to apply. This is how it is in WA state (at least), but may be different in other states. The only issue is you will end up paying a higher price at the end of your lease term if you decide to keep the Jeep, which adds up to about the same amount as the tax credit.
Sponsored