Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I laugh with jealousy when I see posts like this. All these jeeps squeaky clean under the hood.

That install would turn into a corroded mess of rust and oxidation in 2 winters in the northeast. Too bad, it looks cool.

OP
OP
JPAloha

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I laugh with jealousy when I see posts like this. All these jeeps squeaky clean under the hood.

That install would turn into a corroded mess of rust and oxidation in 2 winters in the northeast. Too bad, it looks cool.
Winters here in Alberta aren’t known for being kind to vehicles. I just keep washing it to prevent the issues you’re describing.
592747C9-CA8A-416C-B1A8-EFE72682894D.jpeg

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Winters here in Alberta aren’t known for being kind to vehicles. I just keep washing it to prevent the issues you’re describing.
592747C9-CA8A-416C-B1A8-EFE72682894D.jpeg
You can't wash a Jeep in NH when the daily high is 10 deg for a month. Ha.

My Gladiator was new last winter. I had some undercoating I wanted to spray on it but needed to wait till spring. I sprayed down the underside of it every chance I got. It only took a month before it was no longer pristine.

Its funny I was in Arizona a couple of years ago and the underside of a 10 year old truck looked better than the underside of my wife's 2 year old car.

OP
OP
JPAloha

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You can't wash a Jeep in NH when the daily high is 10 deg for a month. Ha.

My Gladiator was new last winter. I had some undercoating I wanted to spray on it but needed to wait till spring. I sprayed down the underside of it every chance I got. It only took a month before it was no longer pristine.

Its funny I was in Arizona a couple of years ago and the underside of a 10 year old truck looked better than the underside of my wife's 2 year old car.
10 Fahrenheit? So only -12c? We call that spring…lol

OP
OP
JPAloha

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ha. Well, then how do you wash it. Water isn't a liquid at that temp. My outdoor hose is off for the winter and none of the car washes are open. ;-)
Car washes are open until at least -20c around here.
Also done many hand washes in the garage.

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Cool, but my problem is that I need the charging port for, well, charging my 4xe! Wish they made a mirror image charge port for the other side.

OP
OP
JPAloha

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Cool, but my problem is that I need the charging port for, well, charging my 4xe! Wish they made a mirror image charge port for the other side.
on my wife’s 4xE I’m going to see if the ARB single compressor we have will fit behind the taillight, if it does I saw a kit that positions the air chuck next to the fuel filler neck. That would have it hidden yet easily accessible, I’ll have to check it will let the vehicle run with the fuel door open though.

Icon Vehicle Dynamics