Sponsored

4XE Carpool / HOV lane sticker eligible?

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Bottom line, current 4XE is not rated 30 miles all electric, will not appear on that eligible vehicle list, and will never be issued an HOV decal by CA DMV.

https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/faqs/why-don’t-i-see-my-vehicle-eligibility-list-0
Looking at that list, a surprising number of PHEVs are under 35/30 miles. EPA gives us 21 even though real use seems more like 27. Looks like Jeep didn't too too bad considering it's a heavy off road vehicle.

Anyone know about Florida? It's a confusing mess trying to find the info. I found something indicating California HEV requirements may apply.

Just curious as I have no interest in using the HOV or express lanes that often.
Sponsored

melissam100

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Thanks, that helps. So how long did it take from when you submitted your paperwork to actually get the sticker?
I should be taking delivery of mine this month and if I get a sticker now I get six months of it this year and three more, or I can wait till Jan and then get four full years?
I’m hearing all kinds of diff opinions on this now but you have to get your license plates (30 days ish) then file for the stickers then about a month later you get those.

melissam100

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Looking at that list, a surprising number of PHEVs are under 35/30 miles. EPA gives us 21 even though real use seems more like 27. Looks like Jeep didn't too too bad considering it's a heavy off road vehicle.

Anyone know about Florida? It's a confusing mess trying to find the info. I found something indicating California HEV requirements may apply.

Just curious as I have no interest in using the HOV or express lanes that often.
So my last plug-in was the outlander which doesn’t get the or is rated 30miles ev and they’re on the list??

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer

https://www.flhsmv.gov/motor-vehicles-tags-titles/high-occupancy-vehicle-decal/

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Just found that even fully electric vehicles (Tesla) can't use the HOV lanes here in Texas, but motorcycles can.....smh

Sponsored

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
So my last plug-in was the outlander which doesn’t get the or is rated 30miles ev and they’re on the list??
I saw on one list the 21 requirements being lifted higher.

I looked at the Florida application and it wasn't very clear. There was one link I found that was years old. I looked mostly out of curiosity. I avoid I95 at all costs, or else I'll have a broken windshield in no time.

Out of the last couple hundred miles I drove about 7 miles were ice. Seems low emissions to me!

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Just found that even fully electric vehicles (Tesla) can't use the HOV lanes here in Texas, but motorcycles can.....smh
Texas doesn't like people buying electric, wonder if they will try to nail PHEV's with the $200 "registration adjustment" that is being kicked around right now.

Which is 1000 gallons of gas tax or the average 15k a year driver owning a 15mpg vehicle.

I didn't use that much gas in a year when I daily drove a V8 Mustang...

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I traded a V8 mustang for my 4xe. Funny thing is my GT did better highway mileage. But I typically don't drive hundres of highway miles every day.

Is that fee to recover gas tax loss? Texas is a weird place, I won't mess with Texas, because I do love Texas. But at the same time they have a bit of hubris about themselves.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Also, I've never seen so much solar power farms everywhere as I have in Texas.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I traded a V8 mustang for my 4xe. Funny thing is my GT did better highway mileage. But I typically don't drive hundres of highway miles every day.

Is that fee to recover gas tax loss? Texas is a weird place, I won't mess with Texas, because I do love Texas. But at the same time they have a bit of hubris about themselves.
That's what they say. I think they are just hacked off that the regulators they appointed couldn't keep the power on during the winter storm and are after anything "green".

Kind of interesting since Tesla is building a massive factory here...

Sponsored

ATwig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
States still have exemptions for electric and hybrid vehicles for HOV lanes? Why? Virginia got rid of those years ago. I have a full electric car, and shortly now a hybrid, and I am totally against exemptions for electric vehicles for carpool. Too many of them, kind of defeats the purpose of promoting carpooling if the lanes are full of single drives in electric and hybrid cars!
VA actually does still have exemptions and the 4xe does qualify for it under the list of "Qualifying Plug-In Electric Vehicles"

None of the EV's can use the HOV lane on 66 inside the beltway, 95/495/395, and 64. But they can use it everywhere else no prob.

See here to apply: https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/vehicles/#cleanspecialfuel.asp
List here: https://fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

OP
OP
LJ_3M121318

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon

RafaelK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota 4Runner
Still don't see it on the list. Looks like we aren't going to get this benefit
In NY it was not on the DMV list but I applied and they send me the stickers. The only issue is they are so big and ugly i am not sure I want them on my new jeep.

OP
OP
LJ_3M121318

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
In NY it was not on the DMV list but I applied and they send me the stickers. The only issue is they are so big and ugly i am not sure I want them on my new jeep.
That's great to hear you got thru. I'll try that here in CA and see
Sponsored