4xe Build lists Level 2 Charger cord as Standard Equipment

kcn2vb

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
I had heard that the Wrangler 4xe only came with a level 1 charger, but on my build sheet is shows "Standard Equipment" with " Battery Charger Cord - Level 2 "
Does that mean Jeep is now including a level two cord? I would love to not buy a level 2 cord, so if anyone
Sponsored

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
I had heard that the Wrangler 4xe only came with a level 1 charger, but on my build sheet is shows "Standard Equipment" with " Battery Charger Cord - Level 2 "
Does that mean Jeep is now including a level two cord? I would love to not buy a level 2 cord, so if anyone
Congrats on your 4XE build! I don't have a clue as to whether the level 2 comes with your Jeep, BUT I did want to share what I purchased for my wife (she purchased a new Chevy Bolt). There are so many Tesla destination chargers out there at most hotels, etc that you can use with this adapter.
They have them at Amazon also, but purchasing here directly from the maker is less expensive. PS....I don't have anything to do with this company, I just thought having one would help in travel. I hope the link was ok, if not..just delete the post.

https://ev-lectron.com/products/lec...qAjtwH-0aMQhIUjXw0_MJD3GGsZeWVNkaAkETEALw_wcB

RafaelK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota 4Runner
Congrats on your 4XE build! I don't have a clue as to whether the level 2 comes with your Jeep, BUT I did want to share what I purchased for my wife (she purchased a new Chevy Bolt). There are so many Tesla destination chargers out there at most hotels, etc that you can use with this adapter.
They have them at Amazon also, but purchasing here directly from the maker is less expensive. PS....I don't have anything to do with this company, I just thought having one would help in travel. I hope the link was ok, if not..just delete the post.

https://ev-lectron.com/products/lec...qAjtwH-0aMQhIUjXw0_MJD3GGsZeWVNkaAkETEALw_wcB
Interesting. I wander if this new cable can run at both levels. I picked my 4xe in April and it came with level 1. Anyway, to charge at level 2 you will need to install a level 2 charger (I did it) which comes with a cable so I do not see the benefit

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Interesting. I wander if this new cable can run at both levels. I picked my 4xe in April and it came with level 1. Anyway, to charge at level 2 you will need to install a level 2 charger (I did it) which comes with a cable so I do not see the benefit
The benefit is when you pull into any Tesla destination charger it is free. You can't pull in with a Jeep or Chevy EV and expect to plug into a Tesla charging port without an adapter. If you pull into some hotels there are more Tesla chargers (level 2) than others. Let's say you pull into a hotel and there are four chargers....2 Tesla and 2 others.....the Tesla is open to charge the other two are taken.....you now use the adapter to charge your vehicle via the Tesla charger. Hotels don't care....they are paying for the charge
no matter what their customers are driving. Hope this makes sense.

OP
OP

kcn2vb

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR

Thanks, have you tested that adapter? I have heard that the Tesla chargers with the adapter will not work on the 4xe. If it works makes sense to me, even though I'll mainly be locally city driving, which means not many long trips, unless it's to wheel somewhere.

Sponsored

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
If this is in fact an adapter to allow use of Tesla charger that will be awesome. But hope Jeep goes back and provides this free for current 4xe owners

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks, have you tested that adapter? I have heard that the Tesla chargers with the adapter will not work on the 4xe. If it works makes sense to me, even though I'll mainly be locally city driving, which means not many long trips, unless it's to wheel somewhere.
I have not tried the adapter on a 4xe....but it does work with all other. You have to remember to plug the adapter in FIRST then follow by plugging
yours into the adapter about 30 seconds later. I can't imagine it not working on the 4XE. Keep in mind this is for level 2.

Cpt_Caveman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
I just picked mine up, and as this picture shows, only the level one is included

ACD2DFC4-72F0-4730-A831-38D3F4799B8E.png

AtomicDutchOven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 4XE
I believe I saw people post previously that the build sheet stated L2 charger, but what came was in fact an L1.

There's a decent bit of variation in L2 chargers, so I'm not surprised they don't come with one -
  1. hardwire or plug?
  2. if plug - what outlet type? 14-50, 14-30, etc
  3. amp rating
  4. etc...

Sea4xe

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering this very same thing as I ran across the "Battery Charger Cord - Level 2" under the standard Equipment. As I worked my way down under the options I found "PHEV/EV Charge Cord E-Mode 2/Level 1" line item.

Made me wonder if the "Battery Charger Cord - Level 2" Was actually a component of the internal charging system that can handle Level 2 charging. Similarly to how they list the "#1 Seat Foam Cushion", etc is part of the seat and not my a$$ that sits on it.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Build lists Level 2 Charger cord as Standard Equipment Cord2_spec.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Build lists Level 2 Charger cord as Standard Equipment Cord1_spec.JPG
Sponsored