Sponsored

4xe back seat mounting: same as standard JL? Compatible with Armorlite flooring?

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Looks to me from what you are posted that the seats fold forward to allow access to the batteries. The seat back hinges still appear to be up off the ground so it seams they wouldn't lay flat flush with the rear cargo area.
Again this is all speculation.
The seat bottoms fold forward. The seat backs fold down over the batteries. So when you fold the seat bottom forward into the foot wells, you will see the battery case before you fold the seat backs over the batteries. The picture is of the seat bottoms folded into the foot wells before the seat backs are folded down.
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the best shot I can find. I took it from the 4xe assembly video. It definitely looks like the current Armorlite would not fit without modifications.
2021JeepWrangler4XEBattery .png

This was taken around the 2:35 mark from this video:
what is that hump in the middle? was the driveshaft or transmission moved up with the 4xe requiring a tunnel?

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
what is that hump in the middle? was the driveshaft or transmission moved up with the 4xe requiring a tunnel?
My 2018 JLU Sahara has that same hump, so I don’t think anything changed there.

It looks huge in the screen shot you snapped, because the camera angle is basically from inches above the door sill - an angle most of us would only see while we’re vacuuming the back seat carpets!

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018 JLU Sahara has that same hump, so I don’t think anything changed there.

It looks huge in the screen shot you snapped, because the camera angle is basically from inches above the door sill - an angle most of us would only see while we’re vacuuming the back seat carpets!
those were pictures from someone else, but your right it may be the angle making it look larger. i know there is a smaller wide hump on all JLURs, but that one looked really tall and steep vs what i was used to seeing. i remember that the transmission is longer in the 4xe, so seeing that picture made me think maybe that really was bigger and that was why. in a regular JLUR the larger part may be under the center console.

OP
OP
AMC_CJ

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/9SIXFu7bIUYHhFc19G" width="480" height="268" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

No snark meant here really... just love caddy shack, and eagerly awaiting the results!
Waiting to get a call and see if my opportunity is going to happen but I don't want to get this guy in trouble, so its not looking good. I do plan to check into some dealers as I hear there are some on the floors already. If the tunnel is an issue like was brought up then it will be a no go. But if it will just be shorter we might be good.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I took a picture of the mopar all weather mats in the back for the aftermarket thread. I'm not sure if that picture will help.

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe back seat mounting: same as standard JL? Compatible with Armorlite flooring? 20210414_193756

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
I have been unable to get into a 4XE, I had a friend doing some stuff with Jeep but it would have put him in a situation. But I hear they are hitting dealers, I will keep an eye out.

Now I compared the picture above with my JLUR which has the tray and not cup holder and it looks the same at the hump as this does, so that is no longer a concern.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been unable to get into a 4XE, I had a friend doing some stuff with Jeep but it would have put him in a situation. But I hear they are hitting dealers, I will keep an eye out.

Now I compared the picture above with my JLUR which has the tray and not cup holder and it looks the same at the hump as this does, so that is no longer a concern.
If they didn't spring the 4Xe on me at the dealership, I would have taken pictures of my previous and this one also. I nor the dealer knew the 4Xe had reached the lot, so it was kind of a whirlwind situation. Going from memory, it is just shorter imo.

OP
OP
AMC_CJ

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
Just got word from @Armorlite Kail :

"Good news, we got our hands on a 4XE. We were able to take a floor and trim it to fit, and we will be soon offering this as an option.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe back seat mounting: same as standard JL? Compatible with Armorlite flooring? 20210414_193756

Sponsored