Sponsored

4xe back seat mounting: same as standard JL? Compatible with Armorlite flooring?

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
Has anyone here seen the 4xe in person, and know if there were changes to the way the back seat mounts to the vehicle with the battery being located there? I'm looking to get rid of all the carpet and install Armorlite flooring, but not sure if it's compatible. Every shot I can find of that area of the 4xe seems to be taken from above and focused on the battery itself, rather than what I'm interested in seeing below.
Sponsored

lindaspins

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
My hunch is that Armorlite will need to do a modification for the back seat area.

Bohunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Wow thought the seats would fold down further than that. That will mess with some of my plans for my 4xe.

Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
you can probably build a platform to level it out and then you would also have storage under the platform.

This is also an early photo from a Jeep test driver, so it could change some, but I expect it will look like this for the most part.

Update: I took delivery of my 4xe last week and the seat is exactly like the photo. The back area is smaller too than my 2018JL so its not just the rise there, the storage area is about 4" shorter. I know this because I tried to see if my cargo mat would fit back there and it was longer than the space.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AMC_CJ

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
This probably isn't helpful is it?
Not really for what I'm trying to figure out, but an interesting shot to see the difference there.

I'm pretty well resigned to the fact that it's not going to fit the armorlite rear flooring... just no way I can see that they'd have the same floor back there with the battery pack. In fact, most of the shots I see of the whole powertrain, seem to show the battery affixed to the frame before the body ever even comes in to play.

I suppose my best hope at this point is that the standard JL rear armorlite flooring could be cut/modified to fit the 4xe without them having to produce a specific new mold for it. I can't see the 4xe selling enough units to warrant armorlite making tooling specific to this model.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I don't think there is any floor under the seat at all. When you lift the part where your butt sits it folds forward toward the front of the vehicle, then the batteries are right there visible.

JLUR4xe

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 TJ SE, 2021 JLUR 4xe (ordered 2/2)
Here is the best shot I can find. I took it from the 4xe assembly video. It definitely looks like the current Armorlite would not fit without modifications.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe back seat mounting: same as standard JL? Compatible with Armorlite flooring? 2021JeepWrangler4XEBattery

This was taken around the 2:35 mark from this video:

OP
OP
AMC_CJ

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
Here is the best shot I can find. I took it from the 4xe assembly video. It definitely looks like the current Armorlite would not fit without modifications.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe back seat mounting: same as standard JL? Compatible with Armorlite flooring? 2021JeepWrangler4XEBattery
well, that pretty much settles that it won't fit as is, but does give me some hope that it might be possible to modify it and make it work.

@Armorlite Kail anything you can add to the conversation having seen this pic?

Sponsored

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
well, that pretty much settles that it won't fit as is, but does give me some hope that it might be possible to modify it and make it work.

@Armorlite Kail anything you can add to the conversation having seen this pic?
That is helpful. My best guess is that we would press out the same product but then modify our cut program. If the footwell matches that would work. I will forward this to the engineering team. Thanks!

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
I think this is it. I used to have an EV with one battery built under the seat, the cushion will be stiffer and thinner and seat cannot fold down like usual, because the bottom part cannot move, just the back fold downward.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
The seat bottoms fold forward then the seat backs fold down over the battery case. There is a "hump" in the floor. Maybe about 6"? I read or heard somewhere that the front seats can be all the way back and the rear seat cushions are still able to fit in the footwells.
TFL Video at 14:34 showing rear seat bottom cushions folded .
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe back seat mounting: same as standard JL? Compatible with Armorlite flooring? TFL Screen Shot TFL from Video

And I found a picture on this site, of the seats folded down. Taken from here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/cover-over-battery-compartment.65484/#post-1387787

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe back seat mounting: same as standard JL? Compatible with Armorlite flooring? View of rear seats folded down

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe back seat mounting: same as standard JL? Compatible with Armorlite flooring? Automotive perspective Screen Shot from Video

Last edited:

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
The seat bottoms fold forward then the seat backs fold down over the battery case. There is a "hump" in the floor. Maybe about 6"? I read or heard somewhere that the front seats can be all the way back and the rear seat cushions are still able to fit in the footwells.
TFL Video at 14:34 showing rear seat bottom cushions folded .
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe back seat mounting: same as standard JL? Compatible with Armorlite flooring? Automotive perspective Screen Shot from Video

And I found a picture on this site, of the seats folded down. Taken from here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/cover-over-battery-compartment.65484/#post-1387787

Looks to me from what you are posted that the seats fold forward to allow access to the batteries. The seat back hinges still appear to be up off the ground so it seams they wouldn't lay flat flush with the rear cargo area.
Again this is all speculation.
Sponsored