4xe 35" tires incompatible?

Gary B

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
I am trying to buy a new jeep rubicon with the 35" tire package and would prefer a 4xe. But it looks like the 4xe is incompatible with the 35" tire package from the factory. Does anyone know the reason for this? Is there a technical incompatibility or is it just Jeep trying to avoid too many combinations? If there is a technical problem I am worried that adding 35" tires and a small lift to a 4xe later could have hidden problems.
Sponsored

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
35's are compatible with the 4xe, it's just that the Rubicon X (which is what includes 35's) is not offered as a factory package for the 4xe for some reason. You can add 35's yourself if you want, I put 37's on my 4xe Rubicon a week after taking delivery.

JourneyGirl

First Name
Christie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon X - White
Occupation
Marketing/Business Consultant, Graphic Design Artist
wait - what? you can't get an X package on the 4xe? how in the he77 are you supposed to get the options you want on a 4xe when they're only offered in the X package?

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
wait - what? you can't get an X package on the 4xe? how in the he77 are you supposed to get the options you want on a 4xe when they're only offered in the X package?
I think all the things included in the X package are available as options on the regular Rubicon 4xe, so you should be able to piece-meal a 4xe Rubicon X.

Except for the 35's, lol... but like I mentioned, can just add those yourself after you take delivery. Some dealerships might even offer it as an in-house upgrade, but usually it's more cost effective to just buy the tires you want at Discount Tire or something.

JourneyGirl

First Name
Christie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon X - White
Occupation
Marketing/Business Consultant, Graphic Design Artist
I think all the thinks included in the X package are available as options on the regular Rubicon 4xe.

Except the 35's, lol
no, they're really not - you can't get paint matched fenders and a few other things either.... unless you get the X package....

I've seen several news articles that say the 4xe can get the X package..... maybe you can get the X package and just don't get the 35" tires? I'm not sure, but I'm not a happy girl at the moment!!! :O

Sponsored

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
no, they're really not - you can't get paint matched fenders and a few other things either.... unless you get the X package....

I've seen several news articles that say the 4xe can get the X package..... maybe you can get the X package and just don't get the 35" tires? I'm not sure, but I'm not a happy girl at the moment!!! :O
Ah, huh... I guess I just assumed the painted fenders and stuff were options, but you could be right. I didn't order my 4xe, I just bought one from the lot, so I'm not that familiar with all the various packages and options.

I'm guessing they'll probably offer the Rubicon X in 4xe at some point soon.

npj01

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Moab
You can get the Rubicon X package with the 4xe. You just don’t get the 35” tires. I have one on order.

You can only get the body color fenders and body color hard top with the X package.

USNvet

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X 4Xe, 73 Power Wagon, 2011 Sprinter
Occupation
Retired Re-Engineer (tool & die maker)
I just got an estimate on a 2024 Rubicon 4XE with Rubicon X package. It is available right now for order, but no 35's are in the package. Download the 4 door PDF linked below and I think the X package list shows up as code 29Y on page 23. They come with 32.8" BF Goodrich K02's on the Rubi 4XE plus full floating rear axles, tow package, and other options that are standard on Rubicon's but not part of the X package. The 35's seem to be an option for the Sport Willys, are included with the X package for the gas Rubicon's for an extra $4000 over the 4XE X package, and they are standard for the 392 Rubicon. On page 28 you'll find what comes with the 35" tire option in addition to wheels and tires. Surprisingly, no extra lift is included, so maybe just swapping the electric 4XE gear ratio from 4:10's to 4:56's would provide a DIY 35" package for the electric hybrids.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-guide-pricing-list-jl-jlu-first-look.112443/

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I just got an estimate on a 2024 Rubicon 4XE with Rubicon X package. It is available right now for order, but no 35's are in the package. Download the 4 door PDF linked below and I think the X package list shows up as code 29Y on page 23. They come with 32.8" BF Goodrich K02's on the Rubi 4XE plus full floating rear axles, tow package, and other options that are standard on Rubicon's but not part of the X package. The 35's seem to be an option for the Sport Willys, are included with the X package for the gas Rubicon's for an extra $4000 over the 4XE X package, and they are standard for the 392 Rubicon. On page 28 you'll find what comes with the 35" tire option in addition to wheels and tires. Surprisingly, no extra lift is included, so maybe just swapping the electric 4XE gear ratio from 4:10's to 4:56's would provide a DIY 35" package for the electric hybrids.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-guide-pricing-list-jl-jlu-first-look.112443/
Shouldn't even need the gear ratio change, the 4xe handles even 37's just fine on the stock 4.10 gears. Higher gear ratio might improve speed and fuel economy a bit, but shouldn't really be a necessary upgrade, for a lot of people.

I've got 37's on my 4xe, and everything is good - I might eventually upgrade to larger gear ratio but I'm honestly not in a big hurry to do it.

Drew4xE

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xE
Shouldn't even need the gear ratio change, the 4xe handles even 37's just fine on the stock 4.10 gears. Higher gear ratio might improve speed and fuel economy a bit, but shouldn't really be a necessary upgrade, for a lot of people.

I've got 37's on my 4xe, and everything is good - I might eventually upgrade to larger gear ratio but I'm honestly not in a big hurry to do it.
I wanna go 37x13.5. I have a 22 4XE Rubi with 4.10 gears. Planning on a 3.5" backspacing and a 3" lift. Any suggestions?

Sponsored

USNvet

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X 4Xe, 73 Power Wagon, 2011 Sprinter
Occupation
Retired Re-Engineer (tool & die maker)

That is good to hear! Did you add any lift? How much of a hit did mpg take on gas? I'm thinking the 4:56's would put back the huevos the 37's took away, but if it ain't gutless with 4:10's, might as well save that option for later.

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I wanna go 37x13.5. I have a 22 4XE Rubi with 4.10 gears. Planning on a 3.5" backspacing and a 3" lift. Any suggestions?
That's probably all good. My setup is 37x12.5, 3.5" lift, 4.5" backspacing, and it's not even close to rubbing. Even before the lift got installed, the 37's only rubbed a little at full flex on dirt, and not at all during pavement driving.

That is good to hear! Did you add any lift? How much of a hit did mpg take on gas? I'm thinking the 4:56's would put back the huevos the 37's took away, but if it ain't gutless with 4:10's, might as well save that option for later.
3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger lift, but honestly I think even a 2" lift would do it.

I lost about 2mpg on average I would say, and around 3mpg after the lift. I've got a LOT of weight in my Jeep, full metalcloak underbelly skid system, rock sliders, winch, steel bumpers... still sitting at about 19mpg average without plugging in. Plugging in once a day and driving 60-70 miles, I usually average around 21mpg. That's all just according to the dash indicator, I haven't actually sat down and calculated my gas receipts. I didn't buy my 4xe to save gas, so I'm probably the wrong person to ask for mpg tips and advice ;)

It's not as fast as before, I doubt I'm pulling sub-6-second 0-60 times anymore, but it sure ain't no slouch either. Still feels very quick. I'd guess I probably lost like 1 second off my 0-60. But it's hard for me to say how much of that is from the tires, and how much is from everything else.
Sponsored