Sponsored

4xe - 1 year anniversary - problems ( CEL and Mirror Blemish)

xmoger

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
My 4xe just turned one. It's been mostly problem free but I've only put 4k on it so far.

Anyway, my check engine light came on the other week. I pulled the codes and it showed a P04ee error. I reseated the gas cap and it went away after a few days of driving.

However, something that won't go away is a significant blemish/discoloration of my driver's side mirror. It looks like the heating element may have cause the mirror backing to disintegrate? I'm not sure. I took a pic but it's hard to see the extent of the problem.

Anyway else have this issue on their mirror? I'm taking it in to the dealer. Hopefully the mirror isn't on backorder.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe - 1 year anniversary - problems ( CEL and Mirror Blemish) Mirror
Sponsored

OP
OP
xmoger

xmoger

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As an update, I took it into the dealer; mirror glass took a couple of days to get in and was replaced under warranty.

The gas cap was also replaced. I didn't check it when I picked up the vehicle and it was replaced with the regular non hybrid gas cap. I'm not sure if Jeep stopped using the hybrid one. I guess if it trips the CEL I'll have my answer that it may have been a dealer mistake.

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
As an update, I took it into the dealer; mirror glass took a couple of days to get in and was replaced under warranty.

The gas cap was also replaced. I didn't check it when I picked up the vehicle and it was replaced with the regular non hybrid gas cap. I'm not sure if Jeep stopped using the hybrid one. I guess if it trips the CEL I'll have my answer that it may have been a dealer mistake.
Interested in how the gas cap situation turns out. I didn't realize the cap was different, I'll have to look closer at mine.

OP
OP
xmoger

xmoger

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interested in how the gas cap situation turns out. I didn't realize the cap was different, I'll have to look closer at mine.
Yeah, the original cap said PHEV and had one ear larger than the other. It also appeared to be non vented.

I really don't want to go back a third time for this. I'll update the thread with any developments.

OP
OP
xmoger

xmoger

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spoke with the service guy. He said Jeep was having issues with the original PHEV caps and went with the standard gas caps as updated parts for them.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
The original gas caps were too long and would get caught on the thread while screwing the cap on. Which would throw a code. I wanna say That update came out August/September 2021.
Sponsored