First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Just got home from attending the annual 4wp truck and Jeep fest in Orlando. 100 mile plus round trip from my local. A kinda let down from two years ago. There were unbelievable Jeeps in the parking lot. They should have just roped off the parking lot and charged a fee instead of the 17.00 dollar parking lot fee. So! No it’s not free admission. The highlight of the day was stopping at the Willow Tree and a good German meal and a liter beer mass. Had the swine Haxen with spatzle and gravy. Oh my!
Sponsored

OP
OP
wolf

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Forgot to mention there were three or four Broncos on display, all 4 doors. Looked nice for a long wheel based family vehicle. but no two doors. Wanted to see two door built Broncos but was disappointed. Interior actually looked better than I have read here on the forum. For a four door vehicle not bad looking but just looked to long cosmetically. Not for me. Love my jlr.

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler đźšş
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
Just got home from attending the annual 4wp truck and Jeep fest in Orlando. 100 mile plus round trip from my local. A kinda let down from two years ago. There were unbelievable Jeeps in the parking lot. They should have just roped off the parking lot and charged a fee instead of the 17.00 dollar parking lot fee. So! No it’s not free admission. The highlight of the day was stopping at the Willow Tree and a good German meal and a liter beer mass. Had the swine Haxen with spatzle and gravy. Oh my!
Just got back as well!! We’re in the Tampa area so drive wasn’t bad. Snagged Hooters on the way home. It was my first time going and was surprised that it was not quite as big as I thought it was going to be. Got ducked for the first time which was cool! Definitely a lot of really cool rigs in the parking lot

OP
OP
wolf

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Just got back as well!! We’re in the Tampa area so drive wasn’t bad. Snagged Hooters on the way home. It was my first time going and was surprised that it was not quite as big as I thought it was going to be. Got ducked for the first time which was cool! Definitely a lot of really cool rigs in the parking lot
Two years ago it was great,worth the drive.

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler đźšş
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
I was wondering if it’s always that size or if it was maybe due to Covid.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wolf

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Everyone uses COVID as an excuse. I know it’s a real concern. Almost lost my daughter last week. 8 days in intensive care but made it by the grace of god. She. Is. An Rn at the hospital where she got it. Had great care. But to many org are using COVID as a excuse to get money out of the govt. any one dies they claim COVID and Uncle Sam gets billed. I hope they all get what’s coming to them.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Sounds like a nice event. I like going to Orlando and wish I knew about it. Hope to make it next year after all the covid stuff dies down.

h46crewchf

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 1998 TJ, 1982 CJ 7
I went (from Ocala) and was also disappointed... I'm trying to find a floor system that has a slide for ARB 47qt Zero. I also talked to the Rugged Ridge guys about the snorkel system. He put on my blue paper 399.99 which is how it appeared on the red demo jeep. I thought that was for the whole kit (upper & lower). It was only for the lower and another 200.00 for the upper. I learned this after I waited in line to check out. I looked on Amazon and found the whole setup for just under 500.00. I thought they were there to sell parts at a competitive rate?!?!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
A couple years I went to a 4WP event in Lynwood, WA. It was a 100-mile round trip.

There were a handful of modded JKs on the parking lot with angry grilles and giant tires. That was about it.

They weren’t even cooking the hotdogs. Took a walk around, turned around and left.

It was a big waste of time and gas.

OP
OP
wolf

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
A couple years I went to a 4WP event in Lynwood, WA. It was a 100-mile round trip.

There were a handful of modded JKs on the parking lot with angry grilles and giant tires. That was about it.

They weren’t even cooking the hotdogs. Took a walk around, turned around and left.

If they want to know how to do a event, go to an NRA event. Those people know how to do it 1st class with more items than you have time to see.
It was a big waste of time and gas.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I didn’t know this was going on, is it still active? I am in the area and bored as hell.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

They had an event this summer in Dallas that I drove over to. Only ~40 miles, so not bad for me, but kinda agree. This one was free (parking and entry) which was nice, but yeah.

The entire event (Dallas Market Hall) took me ~45 minutes to walk through, and not rushing - it just wasn't that big. Some cool rigs inside, couple of Broncos, etc.

The parking lot was where the real action was - my brother and I spent another ~hour just walking through the parking lot looking at all the rides out there. Much more to see, more creativity, better variety out there than inside.

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler đźšş
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
I went (from Ocala) and was also disappointed... I'm trying to find a floor system that has a slide for ARB 47qt Zero. I also talked to the Rugged Ridge guys about the snorkel system. He put on my blue paper 399.99 which is how it appeared on the red demo jeep. I thought that was for the whole kit (upper & lower). It was only for the lower and another 200.00 for the upper. I learned this after I waited in line to check out. I looked on Amazon and found the whole setup for just under 500.00. I thought they were there to sell parts at a competitive rate?!?!
Yeah I was extremely disappointed in the lack of parts and such there. There wasn’t much going on and there were no good deals! I looked at lift kits and they weren’t any cheaper than they were online.
Sponsored