Sponsored

4WD Low odd sound

NOVAJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WK2 Trailhawk and ordered 2018 JLUR
I have a JLUR with upgraded shocks but otherwise stock. I have noticed a mechanical sound only in 4-low that can best be described as the clunk you would hear if there was some slop in the drive train. It appears to be coming from closer to the T-case than the rear axle and only happens during initial acceleration or when I take my foot off the gas.

It does not happen in 2wd or 4-hi.

I am just trying to see if anyone else has experienced this or is this an anomaly. If it is common, I would assume it is from the additional torque being applied to the drive line components.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
This is completely normal. The more you use your Jeep you will grow accustomed to the wonderful sounds they produce. This is nothing to be concerned with. If you start taking your Jeep off-road more, you will experience this sound under different drive train loads as you go up and down hills, rocks, and ledges. It's just the backlash in the drive train and transfer case. Happy Jeepin'.

OP
OP
NOVAJL

NOVAJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WK2 Trailhawk and ordered 2018 JLUR
This is completely normal. The more you use your Jeep you will grow accustomed to the wonderful sounds they produce. This is nothing to be concerned with. If you start taking your Jeep off-road more, you will experience this sound under different drive train loads as you go up and down hills, rocks, and ledges. It's just the backlash in the drive train and transfer case. Happy Jeepin'.
Thank you for the quick reply.