First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Can a Jeep even get to 25 in 4L? I would think your RPMs would be bouncing off the rev limiter. 4h no problem. 4L is extremely hard to get going "fast" off road. So basically in 4L or 4H on dry pavement your tires would have been chirping as you did the turns and u-turn. Why this happens is the wheels (all 4) are spinning at the exact same amount. When you turn the inside tires spin slower than the outside this causes the axles to bind and something has to give - either the axle or tires will break free. Tires = no big deal, driveshaft damage - tears.

Doesn't sound like you did anything and were actually in 4H. Albeit your post said you left it in neutral. IF "but" was meant to be "put".

but it back to Neutral and it was too late at night
No idea how the regular tranny works if the 4 wheel selector is in neutral???
Sponsored

OP
OP
Maz7

Maz7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Can a Jeep even get to 25 in 4L? I would think your RPMs would be bouncing off the rev limiter. 4h no problem. 4L is extremely hard to get going "fast" off road. So basically in 4L or 4H on dry pavement your tires would have been chirping as you did the turns and u-turn. Why this happens is the wheels (all 4) are spinning at the exact same amount. When you turn the inside tires spin slower than the outside this causes the axles to bind and something has to give - either the axle or tires will break free. Tires = no big deal, driveshaft damage - tears.

Doesn't sound like you did anything and were actually in 4H. Albeit your post said you left it in neutral. IF "but" was meant to be "put".

No idea how the regular tranny works if the 4 wheel selector is in neutral???
I had the car checked. It's all good.

Yeah sorry for my bad grammar. what i meant , I had tough time putting it back to Neutral.

Hell yeah, it was on 4L. But i think i miscalculated , i think it was probably mile and half around the block one U turn and one turn. and I noticed that soon as i started the car but i had to find a parking spot to shift it back to 2WD

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
You should be rolling slightly when shifting in 4LO.
Sponsored