4WD.com still in business?

a.tejeda

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
Can anyone reach the customer service at 4wd.com ? I email and call just about everyday and can never seem to get through.
Sponsored

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Still in business it seems, but their customer service sucks- good luck getting through. Ordered a Rancho diff skid last month, and never got an "out of stock" message or any other status update about my order three weeks after ordering. After a week of trying to get a hold of them to cancel, they finally responded and refunded my money. Big PITA.

Ortrious

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JWUR Hard Rock
Can anyone reach the customer service at 4wd.com ? I email and call just about everyday and can never seem to get through.
I know that 4wd.com and 4wheelparts.com are essentially the same company, except 4wheelparts have store fronts. Maybe find the nearest store front and call them directly. My local 4wheelparts store has historically been pretty responsive.

Clubmud

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited 3.6l. 2004 Dodge Quad 2500 Laramie 5.9l Cummins
I know that 4wd.com and 4wheelparts.com are essentially the same company, except 4wheelparts have store fronts. Maybe find the nearest store front and call them directly. My local 4wheelparts store has historically been pretty responsive.
I couldn't get any response from 4WP via email or phone calls. I was supposed to get a free AWS Shackle with my Gen 3 XRC and it shows as backordered. I finally got the Manager at the closest store to me, 100 miles away and he told me the Idaho warehouse where all the factory orders were shipping from closed its doors. He went on to explain now all the backorder parts are in lieu of being reshipped from the Idaho location until they are able to reship them from Compton, CA. The store Manager was up front with me which I appreciate but they should get their act in order, so to speak. I asked if I could drive down and pick it up in store, which they showed they had in stock and was told they didn't have any and I was still third in line before it shipped to me. Odd....I'm still waiting. I actually got the winch in a few days.
Good luck....

OP
OP

a.tejeda

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
I couldn't get any response from 4WP via email or phone calls. I was supposed to get a free AWS Shackle with my Gen 3 XRC and it shows as backordered. I finally got the Manager at the closest store to me, 100 miles away and he told me the Idaho warehouse where all the factory orders were shipping from closed its doors. He went on to explain now all the backorder parts are in lieu of being reshipped from the Idaho location until they are able to reship them from Compton, CA. The store Manager was up front with me which I appreciate but they should get their act in order, so to speak. I asked if I could drive down and pick it up in store, which they showed they had in stock and was told they didn't have any and I was still third in line before it shipped to me. Odd....I'm still waiting. I actually got the winch in a few days.
Good luck....

You reached out to an actual 4 Wheel Parts and was able to reach the manager. I guess I’ll give that a try tomorrow since I have a store locally.

They just shipped everything to the warehouse in Colorado but it’s been sitting there for over two weeks. I haven’t heard anything about my spare tire carrier, hopefully I can get some answers tomorrow.

Thanks for the info!

Sponsored

Clubmud

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You reached out to an actual 4 Wheel Parts and was able to reach the manager. I guess I’ll give that a try tomorrow since I have a store locally.

They just shipped everything to the warehouse in Colorado but it’s been sitting there for over two weeks. I haven’t heard anything about my spare tire carrier, hopefully I can get some answers tomorrow.

Thanks for the info!
Yea,
He was the one who actually answered the phone according to their local store website.
Like I said, good luck. At least now I know they still have it slated to get to me instead of lost in space. He looked it right up.

Voodoobones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
I ordered a winch, front bumper, and shackles on 6/13/20. I got an email saying the winch shipped. A week later the winch showed up. I tried to contact 4 Wheel Parts multiple times to get a status of the bumper and shackles and was never able to contact anyone. I tried email, website, Facebook, Twitter, and phone. One of the times I called, I waited on hold for 30 minutes before I gave up.

I called the store over in Post Falls, Idaho and they said they can't see online orders so he couldn't help me. I got the shackles a few days ago. Still no bumper. I have no idea if it is even going to ship.

4 Wheel Parts has the worst customer service. The funny thing is that I decided to go through them because if I had a problem, the store wasn't too far away.

Clubmud

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a winch, front bumper, and shackles on 6/13/20. I got an email saying the winch shipped. A week later the winch showed up. I tried to contact 4 Wheel Parts multiple times to get a status of the bumper and shackles and was never able to contact anyone. I tried email, website, Facebook, Twitter, and phone. One of the times I called, I waited on hold for 30 minutes before I gave up.

I called the store over in Post Falls, Idaho and they said they can't see online orders so he couldn't help me. I got the shackles a few days ago. Still no bumper. I have no idea if it is even going to ship.

4 Wheel Parts has the worst customer service. The funny thing is that I decided to go through them because if I had a problem, the store wasn't too far away.
Still waiting for my Shackle....Ironically enough they sent me a customer service survey request, which I of course filled out. Got an email back stating they could not post it as it didn't meet their criteria. The email did go on to tell me they are still waiting for the part from the manufacturer now. I guess it's still in their queue for me but no idea when I'll get it. I just keep the hook on for now. Works just as well.
Once again....Good luck.

Voodoobones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
Well, I had hoped to have my bumper by Fathers's Day, but that didn't happen. I had hoped to have my bumper by the 4th of July, but that didn't happen. Maybe I will get it by my birthday. I doubt it.

Truly, 4WD.com has the worst customer service. I think they might be even worse than Comcast! A major disappointment.

Clubmud

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I had hoped to have my bumper by Fathers's Day, but that didn't happen. I had hoped to have my bumper by the 4th of July, but that didn't happen. Maybe I will get it by my birthday. I doubt it.

Truly, 4WD.com has the worst customer service. I think they might be even worse than Comcast! A major disappointment.
I actually got an email from them yesterday apologizing for the delay due to the Covid dilemma and they are still waiting for the part from the manufacture now. Gave me a tracking number and everything. Maybe starting to come around after seeing so many complaints.
Hope yours works out....And mine.

Sponsored

Voodoobones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
I finally was able to contact someone at the company by calling the sales department. They weren't much help. They said that if I don't receive the bumper by next Friday to call back. I feel that was basically a way for an employee to get rid of me so he didn't have to look into it. I bet he has next Friday off.

NHMojito

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito!
About a month ago I was about to pull the trigger on a new ARB bumper from those guys but at the last minute I saw the online reviews and horror stories. I went to Quadratec and they price matched and I got my bumper within a week without stress. I don’t think I’ll be doing business with 4wd anytime soon.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/4wd.com

Voodoobones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
Well, I finally got an update from 4WP and they said, "We regret to inform you that your RPP99306 does not have a due in /release date from the manufacture."

This is after they told me on the phone yesterday that it shipped and if I hadn't received it by Friday, to call back. So I called Rampage Products directly. They answered right away. The guy was very courteous and full of information.

The Rampage rep said he didn't know what a "due in /release date" was and that the bumper was on back order and they should have a shipment in by July 14th. He said they will ship out all the orders that they can by the next day. He said if my order doesn't get shipped out in this batch, their next supply is coming in August 22nd and will ship out then.

I'm okay with this because I understand that with the pandemic things are running behind. And he was able to give me answers and didn't try to dodge my questions. And Rampage answers their damn phone!

4WP on the other hand... they have a lot to learn about customer service.
The Rampage rep said if you are ordering any of their parts, you can either order directly from them or you can call to make sure things are in stock before you order from a third party vendor. Nice guy and a respectable company.

SpawnCO

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I just tried calling and was 49 calls deep in the queue. Over an hour passes, they pick up and immediately drop the call. I called back only to now be back to number 52 so I hung up. I'm calling them because they sent me a 10K Gen2 X20 instead of a 12K, and they sent me a promo card with "money" on it, since I agreed to just keep the 10k. What a pain it was to get in touch with them over that one, phone rang and rang, never answered emails. They actually even somehow forwarded one of my emails on to some website technical support section where they opened a problem for my winch issue.

The card comes up as invalid. So trying to use my credit for their mistake is wasting so much time. Whatever I get with this credit will probably be the last thing I order from them. It's just too much hassle trying to deal with them to fix their mistakes.
Sponsored