YYZ

First Name
Yz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Hello,

I was looking at the dashboard today and I noticed that there seems to be 4WD Auto / 4WD part time options inside the dashboard (not illuminated). The transmission only has 2H/4H/N/4L. I am not sure if these options are available in my jeep or the dashboard is standard for all jeeps but the options depend on the model.

This is my first Jeep so the questions might sound naive :) - I tried reading in the owners manual but I couldn't tell if the 4WD Auto kicks automatically or I do not have the option since I have the lower model.

Thank you
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hello,

I was looking at the dashboard today and I noticed that there seems to be 4WD Auto / 4WD part time options inside the dashboard (not illuminated). The transmission only has 2H/4H/N/4L. I am not sure if these options are available in my jeep or the dashboard is standard for all jeeps but the options depend on the model.

This is my first Jeep so the questions might sound naive :) - I tried reading in the owners manual but I couldn't tell if the 4WD Auto kicks automatically or I do not have the option since I have the lower model.

Thank you
Interesting, as far as I know it’s not available on the sport

Reactions: YYZ

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Hello,

Thank you
Its an option that is available on some models. I have it on my Sahara. If you have the sticker, look at the options. You could shift into 4 Hi and see if it lights. With mine, if I shift to 4 HI it is in auto, move the lever to the right and I am in standard 4 HI.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
In a Sport, which I have, it kicks in automatically when you automatically reach for the transfer case gear lever and slide it into 4WD. ;)

• Haha

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I think that is the European option. I believe we share the same dash in the Sport.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

there seems to be 4WD Auto / 4WD part time options inside the dashboard (not illuminated). The transmission only has 2H/4H/N/4L. I am not sure if these options are available in my jeep or the dashboard is standard for all jeeps but the options depend on the model.

The 4WD Auto option is part of the the new Selec-Trac III Full-Time Four-Wheel-Drive System. It includes a 2.72:1 low range. This two-speed, active full-time system includes a 4H AUTO mode that requires no driver input for any driving conditions. In 4H AUTO, 4WD is automatically engaged and disengaged as needed to maintain traction.

It is available on Sahara and Sahara Altitude models only.

Aside from the base sport, the digital dashes are universal between models.

OP
OP

YYZ

First Name
Yz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Thank you everyone! I should have checked the forum before purchasing (leasing) my Jeep. I wish I got the Sahara and also included the technology package for the android auto. That said, I like the Jeep but the 4WD got me confused especially that mine is hard to pull but as I read, it should get better with use.

I actually thought that my Jeep had issues since it was a nightmare driving through the wind but it seems this is normal too lol - The 2.0 Engine is annoying since it sounds electric but I will also get used to that.

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
The 2.0 engine whining is the turbocharger spooling up to 40,000 rpm to create boost. It also whines when you slow down. Think that you're in a Porsche 911 Turbo.

You don't have Select-Trac. What you're seeing is the dash template common to all JLs. The Auto 4wd indicator won't light up because you don't have that option. It's just along for the ride.
Sponsored