Sponsored

4WD and 4 Auto vibration and thrum. Your thoughts Needed

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
None of this makes any sense. The d/s is BINDING? What, at ride height from a 3" lift?

A longer d/s will not change angle. The t-case output is where it is. The pinion yoke is where it is. The difference in height and distance between the two will dictate angle to connect them, period.
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
You're still running the front stock rzeppa d/s?

OP
OP
drvn

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
You're still running the front stock rzeppa d/s?
Yes. Stock driveshaft.

I adjusted the lower control arms today. There was a little improvement.

Sponsored

OP
OP
drvn

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
So you pulled some caster out of it? How much?
I did. Unfortunately, I have no way to measure the caster.... but its def less as I can tell its not tracking as straight. I adjusted the LAS as far as they'd go as installed by a shop (I'd have to take off for even more change). There remains vibration...but is maybe 20% of what it was before. I must have decreased the driveline angle less than what the dealer told me was 10%...but not down to the 3% they suggested. Hmmmm

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I did. Unfortunately, I have no way to measure the caster.... but its def less as I can tell its not tracking as straight. I adjusted the LAS as far as they'd go as installed by a shop (I'd have to take off for even more change). There remains vibration...but is maybe 20% of what it was before. I must have decreased the driveline angle less than what the dealer told me was 10%...but not down to the 3% they suggested. Hmmmm
I'm surprised the rzeppa shaft vibrates at just about any angle, but I guess it's got its limits....? No way the joints themselves should be binding at ride height with a 3" lift.

I guess you could try an aftermarket shaft w CV but my position is that the angles are still WAY wrong with a CV.

With a CV your pinion is supposed to be tipped up inline with your d/s and the only way to do that with a JL is cut and turn the inner C's.

I've got the MC front shaft and I get a little thrum at highway speeds in 4H with a MC 2.5" (more like 4") lift. My caster is somewhere around 6.5. The noise/vibe is just enough that I wouldn't want a FAD delete

Senrusho

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xE Robicon
What did this end up being. I have the same issue but I dont think it can be the geometry because I didnt have it until I'd had my lift on for a year.
Sponsored