Sponsored

4th of July Poll. What kind of Jeep person are you?

Fourth of July survey - What kind of Jeep Owner are you?

• Total voters

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Cheers and Happy Fourth!
Sponsored

Last edited:

CaseOfAle

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 981S, 19JLUS
proud

adjective

1. feeling deep pleasure or satisfaction as a result of one's own achievements, qualities, or possessions or those of someone with whom one is closely associated.

2. having or showing a high or excessively high opinion of oneself or one's importance.
    "a proud, arrogant man"

I'm proud I'm a decorated US Veteran. I'm thankful I'm an American. I Love my jeep but I don't derive my sense of identity from it

CaseOfAle

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 981S, 19JLUS
Sorry buddy, I disagree with you.

:captain: :jk: :sun:
Very thoughtful post - I don't agree with some of your comments, but we are allowed to hold different opinions.

You have so much to be proud of, specifically with your intentional decision to leave your homeland and make a new life in a new place. To go through the laborious process to become a citizen, be conversational in multiple languages are great achievements and not to be taken lightly.

But correlation does not imply causation. I've had half a dozen Jeeps, several German-made autos, a few Japanese made, and a ford or two sprinkled in.

I just don't associate Jeeps with an increased level of nationalism or patriotism nor is it a symbol of either.

But I do appreciate the enormous time you put into a very thoughtful and reasonable response.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Being a former Marine (long ago). I love my country and will stand even today although not quite as straight and defend it to the death.

AS for my wife and I we drive nothing but Jeeps and love them.

Related to prior military service, I cant say. I worked on Jets and never rode in a Jeep in the Corps. Rode in a weapons carrier a few time.
C 130s, C5 Galaxy, CH 53s. were my military rides.

Happy Birthday America!!

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
proud to be an american and supporter to all active and retired vets of all military branches that served to keep america free and safe for us to live our daily lives. i've not served in the military but have family, relatives, and friends that served. i am a member of the sons of american revolution. happy 4th.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Very thoughtful post - I don't agree with some of your comments, but we are allowed to hold different opinions.

You have so much to be proud of, specifically with your intentional decision to leave your homeland and make a new life in a new place. To go through the laborious process to become a citizen, be conversational in multiple languages are great achievements and not to be taken lightly.

But correlation does not imply causation. I've had half a dozen Jeeps, several German-made autos, a few Japanese made, and a ford or two sprinkled in.

I just don't associate Jeeps with an increased level of nationalism or patriotism nor is it a symbol of either.

But I do appreciate the enormous time you put into a very thoughtful and reasonable response.
I agree with you 100% Ken. I love and respect this country as much as anyone else but the Jeep’s history had zero factors into my decision to buy 2.
As a matter of fact I can tell you why I went Jeep....I like 4w vehicles and have always been a fan of manual transmissions. They’re going by way of the Dodo bird these days.
After now being on my 2nd one I’ve fallen in love with the open air, off road capability, comfort and beauty of the Jeep as well.

HAPPY HOLIDAY EVERYONE!

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
YOU WHAT YOUR JEEP???? GROK????? (scuttles off to google the word GROK)

Wikipedia:

Grok /ˈɡrɒk/ is a neologism coined by American writer Robert A. Heinlein for his 1961 science fiction novel Stranger in a Strange Land. While the Oxford English Dictionary summarizes the meaning of grok as "to understand intuitively or by empathy, to establish rapport with" and "to empathize or communicate sympathetically (with); also, to experience enjoyment"

Ahhhhh now it makes sense!! Thanks for teaching new word, I shall add it to my fun-but-strange word to use list.

I GROK you too TexGoat

In matter a fact - I GROK all of you fellow Jeepers that has been contributing to this forum and making my life better.

Life is SO much better when you have someone you can GROK with.

Okay Tex just because I GROK you please don't come up with more terms, because I want to keep GROK special.

GROK GROK GROK GROK!!! MY WHAT A FUNNY SOUNDING WORD! TOTALLY GROKSOME. I AM GONNA GO GORK A LOT OF PEOPLE TODAY!!

Wowee GROK!!! To GROK or not to GORK is the umm I forgot the remaining.....

:like:
Sounds like some sort of strange drink we used to mix in a mop bucket on those odd weekends in the barracks. The Corps did not allow that but they really didn' tmind as long as we shared with the Duty...LOL

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Steve!! Thanks for your comments. Perhaps I should have not use the term "disagree" - but our purchase decision are always based on intrinsic value (association of the item with certain ideas) Again with much respect, I always find it funny (if not - interesting) to hear people said that they are not influenced by marketing or advertising (or an idea) in their purchasing process because all of us holds on to a value and that value propels our purchase.

I really appreciate everyone for sharing their thoughts - and I am not out to oppose anyone. If only life were much simpler - but even with simple stuff there are always some psychological connotation to it. :like:

So happy we are in the same group!
Hey, I will admit it’s, Ken - I was and am attached to my Jeep because of my military service.

The first Army vehicle I drove at the beginning of my 30 year career was an M151A2 Jeep. Pieces of crap to drive on the tarmac, but awesome off-road. I’ve wanted one ever since then.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Hi, I am a bit curious as the how people feel about their Jeep in regards to our Independence day. Mind you this is not a political poll, it is just to understand how patriotism plays a part to owning a Jeep. Jeep Willy was the main light wheeled transport of United States and its Allies during WW2 and our current Jeep still have the same design and DNA of the original Willy. It would be interesting to know if there are still some people that still relate to current Jeep that way. Cheers and Happy Fourth!
For me both your poll reasons for owning a Wrangler apply and others as well.

Love of country, despite our flaws, and the role Jeeps played in winning WW II https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willys_MB (President Eisenhower once calling it, "one of three decisive weapons the U.S. had during WWII.") are certainly on my mind on Independence Day, but the Sherman Tank's also on that list and I won't be owning one of them--much as I respect it.

I got my Jeep because it's fun. The trip is just as enjoyable as the destination, in fact in COVID, sometimes the trip's been the destination for me, and I know some of you as well.

I got my Jeep because I just love the apperance.

And I got my Jeep because it's the Swiss Army Knife of vehicles that isn't afraid of snow, or a snow plow on front, or a roof rack that transports loved ones and their belongings to places distant from home.

I even got it for the offroad things I've yet to do with it, but dream I might.

Some same a Jeep looks better, or certainly no worse, with a little mud on it. Try saying that of a sedan.
Sponsored