Sponsored

4H Auto - is there a way to see whether I'm in 2WD or 4WD?

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I have 4H Auto on my Sahara, which is awesome. Unless I'm on a particularly gnarly trail, I prefer to just use that vs having to manually shift between 2H and 4H all the time.

HOWEVER

It's always a good idea to learn as much as you can about your own vehicle and its capabilities, so I'm curious if there's a way for me to continue using 4H Auto, allowing my Jeep to determine the best setup, but also be able to *see*, somewhere, when it shifts into 4H, so I can learn along the way.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

KebertXela

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
I think 4H Auto applies power to the front axle/wheels only when it senses a loss of traction.

OP
OP
rcadden

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I think 4H Auto applies power to the front axle/wheels only when it senses a loss of traction.
Right - I know *how* it works. What I'm looking for is some sort of visual indicator on the dash that tells me *when* it kicks in.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Other then the 4H Auto selection on the left side of the dash being lit up, I haven't seen any other indicator light up when it activated the front axle. After 3 years, I have felt it kick in, but don't remember seeing any dash indication.

Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Feel free to correct me as this is from memory, but I thought both the powertrain screen in the dahs, and the off road pages on the uconnect both show when the front axle is engaged. (not just locked in the case of a Rubicon, but actually engaged as in FAD is locked & routing power to the front tires)

OP
OP
rcadden

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Feel free to correct me as this is from memory, but I thought both the powertrain screen in the dahs, and the off road pages on the uconnect both show when the front axle is engaged. (not just locked in the case of a Rubicon, but actually engaged as in FAD is locked & routing power to the front tires)
Duh I didn't think about that. Will have to test and see. Good thought!
Sponsored