Sponsored

4H/4L Gang *Photos & Video Encouraged*

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
This threads intended purpose is for photos/videos & discussion of owners having fun in 4H/4L which is the intended purpose of the JL/JLU Wrangler.

Post up photos & video of your Wrangler getting it off-road!

Lets see them!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

All 3 Badges of Honor in Big Bear, CA.

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase

All 3 Badges of Honor in Big Bear, CA.
That’s nuts man! Some hardcore wheelin’! I’m thinking about attempting the 3 in Tennessee as that’s the closest to me.

Sponsored

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Wasn't a big push for the JL but it was still fun.

The place was Moonshine Off-Road Park near Sullivan, MO...about 60 miles south of St. Louis.

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase

The place was Moonshine Off-Road Park near Sullivan, MO...about 60 miles south of St. Louis.
Those were some deep ruts man!

Nice crawl!

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Those were some deep ruts man!

Nice crawl!
Thanks! Didn't seem that deep when I went up it. Didn't scrape anything there either.

Here is the climb from my perspective.

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Didn't seem that deep when I went up it. Didn't scrape anything there either.

That's nuts man! Those trees are SUPER close.

What dash cam are you running?

I haven't been able to get out on any super rough trails yet. I am going to try to get out this weekend. There are some nice trails about 15 miles south of where I live from what I have heard.

Question, I notice you have a 6-speed from your signature, I too have a 6-speed. How is it on stuff like that? I imagine you were in 4L? if so how did your clutch hold up going up? I was off-road in 4L and smelled a slight 'burning' smell but I wasn't really riding the clutch though. Any thoughts? It preformed well though, albeit in 4H it really did not like reverse.

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That camera kicks butt...doesn't it? I am VERY pleased with the quality of the videos from it. If you send me your email address in a private message, I will send you that raw video tonight so you can see. I had an issue with an 18-wheeler across the center line on a 2-lane road a while back. The video quality was good enough that I was able to see the name on the truck as it zipped by.

Viofo Compact A119 V2

Didn't notice any smells but when I got going, I left the clutch out and used the throttle and brake to control my speed. Yes, that climb was in 4L in 1st gear. The crawl ratio of the Rubicons with the 4:10 gears is great for climbing or descending hills. Just pick a gear and stay with it. I think my maximum RPM for that hill climb was 3k.

You should try turning in 4L with lockers on on gravel or dirt. LOL It doesn't want to turn. At the top of one of the hills, we had to make a right hand turn and I actually had to back up because I didn't plan the turn right. OOPS! It was all good though. Can't wait to go out again.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
That camera kicks butt...doesn't it? I am VERY pleased with the quality of the videos from it. If you send me your email address in a private message, I will send you that raw video tonight so you can see. I had an issue with an 18-wheeler across the center line on a 2-lane road a while back. The video quality was good enough that I was able to see the name on the truck as it zipped by.

Viofo Compact A119 V2

Didn't notice any smells but when I got going, I left the clutch out and used the throttle and brake to control my speed. Yes, that climb was in 4L in 1st gear. The crawl ratio of the Rubicons with the 4:10 gears is great for climbing or descending hills. Just pick a gear and stay with it. I think my maximum RPM for that hill climb was 3k.

You should try turning in 4L with lockers on on gravel or dirt. LOL It doesn't want to turn. At the top of one of the hills, we had to make a right hand turn and I actually had to back up because I didn't plan the turn right. OOPS! It was all good though. Can't wait to go out again.
Yes it is great quality! I will PM you today at some point.

Makes sense, I must have been riding the clutch is the only thing I can think of other than that (which was only very brief) it went very well!

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
The guy in that JK 2dr hauls @ss man lol His rock rails must be hurting haha

Is his a Rubi too?
No, it is a Willys Edition, it comes with the Rubicon Rock Rails. He is still trying to find that balance of gas and clutch when driving stick off-road. All of our Jeeps are manual.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

Looks like a cool place.

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase