Sponsored

4dr Mopar 2" lift springs on 2dr Sport? And what shocks?

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I found a deal on 4dr Mopar 2+" lift springs and extended control arms (no shocks), will these be OK for my 2dr or should I stick with 2dr specific when looking at lift springs? I have Rubicon 4dr take-offs currently (springs and shocks) and probably won't go bigger than 35" tires. Probably will pair this with an adjustable track bar but the rest of the suspension is stock.

Second part, what shocks to pair with the springs? Metalcloak Rocksport?

EDIT: Deal fell through but I appreciate the input as it will help me decide what I want to do long-term with this rig.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
What's a good deal? I'd try it if it were free maybe and you're installing yourself probably a reason it's for sale or discounted. If you do some research there is a decent amount of chatter with issues with these lifts. My opinion based on what I'm reading is it's basically too tall for the lack of parts it includes not to mention the springs bow and other weird stuff. The Dynatrac 2" endurosport is a true 2" and comes wtih Fox shocks for $1200. Probably the best basic lift out there that seems to also be quality based on my research.

fdFifty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I ended up with the mopar 2 inch lift for the 4dr JLU via a part number mixup by the vendor I used. I decided to run with it and it has worked out well. I usually have a fair amount of gear in the back so having a stiffer spring hasn't been bad.

But as others mention, be prepared to supplement with a few parts if you want to dial in alignment. Adjustable track bars are definitely a welcome addition, and an eventual upgrade to adjustable lower control arms will get your caster to a more ideal place.

For shocks I can only speak to the fox offering that comes with the kit. A little on the stiff side but very planted and balanced on the trail. As things settled the ride really improved and over all the set up has turned out to be great for my uses.

OP
OP
EDH_JL

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
What's a good deal? I'd try it if it were free maybe and you're installing yourself probably a reason it's for sale or discounted. If you do some research there is a decent amount of chatter with issues with these lifts. My opinion based on what I'm reading is it's basically too tall for the lack of parts it includes not to mention the springs bow and other weird stuff. The Dynatrac 2" endurosport is a true 2" and comes wtih Fox shocks for $1200. Probably the best basic lift out there that seems to also be quality based on my research.
Guy bought the Jeep with the Mopar lift installed and went with a bigger lift/tires. If I got the Metalcloak shocks I would be around $700 for the springs/shocks/arms. Self install except I'll possibly farm out the control arms.

I ended up with the mopar 2 inch lift for the 4dr JLU via a part number mixup by the vendor I used. I decided to run with it and it has worked out well. I usually have a fair amount of gear in the back so having a stiffer spring hasn't been bad.

But as others mention, be prepared to supplement with a few parts if you want to dial in alignment. Adjustable track bars are definitely a welcome addition, and an eventual upgrade to adjustable lower control arms will get your caster to a more ideal place.

For shocks I can only speak to the fox offering that comes with the kit. A little on the stiff side but very planted and balanced on the trail. As things settled the ride really improved and over all the set up has turned out to be great for my uses.
I have double stacked Teraflex spacers in the rear to get back to level/slight rake so a stiffer rear spring wouldn't be the worst. I guess my concern would be the 4dr springs being too tall and running into other issues.

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'd probably still steer you towards the Dynatrac because after you buy the rest of what you need I think you'll be in it for more money. Being a true 2" it seems that you really don't need the track bars or control arms keeping the cost down. Can still run 35" on all and 37" on Rubis.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Guy bought the Jeep with the Mopar lift installed and went with a bigger lift/tires. If I got the Metalcloak shocks I would be around $700 for the springs/shocks/arms. Self install except I'll possibly farm out the control arms.

I have double stacked Teraflex spacers in the rear to get back to level/slight rake so a stiffer rear spring wouldn't be the worst. I guess my concern would be the 4dr springs being too tall and running into other issues.
Careful not to go over 3” on 2 dr, unless you go with aftermarket driveshaft. The shorter driveshaft gets steep quick and will vibrate and or bind.

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Careful not to go over 3” on 2 dr, unless you go with aftermarket driveshaft. The shorter driveshaft gets steep quick and will vibrate and or bind.
Rear DS correct? I think all the front ones would be same length on 2dr and 4dr with same concern on those when drooped out and those CV joints they use.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Rear DS correct? I think all the front ones would be same length on 2dr and 4dr with same concern on those when drooped out and those CV joints they use.
Yes, rear

OP
OP
EDH_JL

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'd probably still steer you towards the Dynatrac because after you buy the rest of what you need I think you'll be in it for more money. Being a true 2" it seems that you really don't need the track bars or control arms keeping the cost down. Can still run 35" on all and 37" on Rubis.
No control arms? My caster is already low with the rubi take offs and would be terrible with another 2"

Interesting, I was comparing with Metalcloak 2.5" lift and they recommend a new FRONT driveshaft. you think I would need both front and rear? That seems like overkill for only 35"s.

" Note: Due to the long-travel MetalCloak suspensions provide, factory drive shafts may/will contact OEM components and wear quickly when at the extremes of articulation. An aftermarket driveshaft is highly recommended. "

fdFifty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
have double stacked Teraflex spacers in the rear to get back to level/slight rake so a stiffer rear spring wouldn't be the worst. I guess my concern would be the 4dr springs being too tall and running into other issues.
I have about 20k miles on this set up so far. No issues yet with driveshafts or other components. With all that being said, the dynatrac kit is a solid kit that will likely provide what you are looking for. I think it all comes down to up front cost and what your typical payload is like. I haven't found the height to be excessive for 35's but I do have some additional weight from the winch and camping gear.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
No control arms? My caster is already low with the rubi take offs and would be terrible with another 2"

Interesting, I was comparing with Metalcloak 2.5" lift and they recommend a new FRONT driveshaft. you think I would need both front and rear? That seems like overkill for only 35"s.

" Note: Due to the long-travel MetalCloak suspensions provide, factory drive shafts may/will contact OEM components and wear quickly when at the extremes of articulation. An aftermarket driveshaft is highly recommended. "
You don’t want to pair MC shocks with Mopar springs, they’re to long extended length, you risk the spring getting loose at full droop. MC uses a dual rate spring that holds in place at full droop.

OP
OP
EDH_JL

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the help everyone but turns out this seller is unhinged and I won't be buying the setup. We were texting back and forth and he called me, but I couldn't answer because I was on a work call. Then he went off the rails, so beware anyone else that sees this deal on craigslist. Not worth risking my life over some moderately discounted Jeep parts:

Jeep Wrangler JL 4dr Mopar 2" lift springs on 2dr Sport? And what shocks? 60D6727A-965A-4A8B-9322-A8C2B8414D14

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Thanks for the help everyone but turns out this seller is unhinged and I won't be buying the setup. We were texting back and forth and he called me, but I couldn't answer because I was on a work call. Then he went off the rails, so beware anyone else that sees this deal on craigslist:

Jeep Wrangler JL 4dr Mopar 2" lift springs on 2dr Sport? And what shocks? 60D6727A-965A-4A8B-9322-A8C2B8414D14
LOL holy crap what a lunatic! CL is a shady place for sure I'm always nervous selling or buying there.