Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Punk'N 2.0T 2018
Occupation
IT Tech Lead in the video game industry
Vehicle Showcase
ESS on the 2.0 is likely bringing less wear on the engine than the traditional starter-based system on the 3.6. I would argue the tech is a bit newer and there are fewer long term experience with it, but even if everything is calibrated accordingly on the 3.6, having the engine restarted by the electric engine must be better.

That being said, I have the same experience as most do: decent fuel consumption (for a Wrangler), great performance and no issues so far. I am just under a 1000 km (approx 621 miles), with about a month of ownership.
Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
Does anyone know the projected life cycle of the 48 volt lithium battery? How much does FCA want for a new one?
Under warrantee . . . Nothing; out of, and FCA has that answer in a vault somewhere marked "top secret" ha ! Worrying about future events that may never need addressing will only lead to an early grave - stress = high blood pressure + anxiety = stroke or death !? . . . and no, I am not a doctor, but recently I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express, ha !