Sponsored

$460 Increase in Invoice/MSRP Pricing on JLUR?

Footbull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited White Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Of course I signed a few days after the price increase, so typical
Sponsored

RonJames

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara hard loaded
From another member. I am not sure if your dealer can use this or not but this was posted elsewhere on this forum:
This program code is valid for sold orders (marked sold in FCA’s system) and delivered to the customer after the price increase. Build priority should show 1 on the POC.

MJeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WK, 15 328d sport wagon. 2018 JLUR
Just got my window sticker today.

Msrp went from $40,495 on my build sheet to $40,995 on sticker
And destination charge went from $1,195 to $1,445

$750 more expensive than my order sheet.

Ordered 2/16
Will see what the dealer does when I pick up the JL
ETA is not till 3/21 - 3/27, He still need to be loaded on a train...

Just built my JL on Jeep.com builder and the pricing is the same as my original build sheet... ?

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Just got my window sticker today.

Msrp went from $40,495 on my build sheet to $40,995 on sticker
And destination charge went from $1,195 to $1,445

$750 more expensive than my order sheet.

Ordered 2/16
Will see what the dealer does when I pick up the JL
ETA is not till 3/21 - 3/27, He still need to be loaded on a train...

Just built my JL on Jeep.com builder and the pricing is the same as my original build sheet... ?
They're very behind on that website builder.

They really shouldn't even be allowed, in my mind, to change price once an order has a deposit and is "sold". That's highly unethical to me. Sold with a deposit is sold, to me.

MJeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WK, 15 328d sport wagon. 2018 JLUR
They're very behind on that website builder.

They really shouldn't even be allowed, in my mind, to change price once an order has a deposit and is "sold". That's highly unethical to me. Sold with a deposit is sold, to me.
Agreed, I’m not gonna lose any sleep over it. I’m sure the dealer will honor the original deal...

Sponsored

RonJames

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed, I’m not gonna lose any sleep over it. I’m sure the dealer will honor the original deal...
If the dealer entered a sold order for you before the price increase you will be fine. By sold order it must be marked a type 1 order with your information on the POC. The dealer will enter the price protection code of 27EJ2 in the incentives claim screen.

FCA official language is the following;
Bona fide sold orders obtained by you prior to March 1, 2018 will be price protected providing that:

The customer name appears on the factory order prior to the ship date (KZ); the vehicle is delivered to the ordering customer within ten (10) calendar days after being received by the dealer (X date) and the sale is reported to FCA US LLC under the DealerCONNECT system within 2 calendar days of the sale.

Arctric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Cloth, Dual Tops, LED, Towing, Infotain, Cold Weather.
If the dealer entered a sold order for you before the price increase you will be fine. By sold order it must be marked a type 1 order with your information on the POC. The dealer will enter the price protection code of 27EJ2 in the incentives claim screen.

Bona fide sold orders obtained by you prior to March 1, 2018 will be price protected providing that:

The customer name appears on the factory order prior to the ship date (KZ); the vehicle is delivered to the ordering customer within ten (10) calendar days after being received by the dealer (X date) and the sale is reported to FCA US LLC under the DealerCONNECT system within 2 calendar days of the sale.
Thanks Ron, very helpful information.

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Yes, I just came from my local dealer and the base price of an Unlimited Rubicon just went up by $500 today, March 1st. A $500 increase to an already too expensive Jeep. I guess FCA does it because they can.
Glad I ordered my Sahara Wrangler in Dec 2017.

Sarsippius

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon, 2018 JL Sport S

Do you have a link to this language somewhere on FCA website? Reason I am asking is I have had a 1-Sold Order in my name with a $1,000 deposit since 02/24/18. It has hit KZ status and I received a Priced Order Confirmation with the increased prices on it. When it was ordered I have a Priced Order Confirmation with the original pricing and handwritten notation of the agreed upon final price before ttl and doc fees. Would love to have legal language to fight the dealer with if they try to use the higher pricing.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Just a side note..

I noticed that JK models built after this 3/1 date also have the destination charge increase to 1495.00 same as JL on the sticker.

Sponsored

RonJames

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a link to this language somewhere on FCA website? Reason I am asking is I have had a 1-Sold Order in my name with a $1,000 deposit since 02/24/18. It has hit KZ status and I received a Priced Order Confirmation with the increased prices on it. When it was ordered I have a Priced Order Confirmation with the original pricing and handwritten notation of the agreed upon final price before ttl and doc fees. Would love to have legal language to fight the dealer with if they try to use the higher pricing.
I do not. The verbiage comes from the official FCA pricing email that goes to all dealers. The dealer should be fine to honor the price. If not you can call the FCA hotline.

Arctric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Cloth, Dual Tops, LED, Towing, Infotain, Cold Weather.
Exactly the same here, ordered on 2/22 and no confirmation that the price is locked in. Let me know how you do when yours arrives and I will do the same.

greenegger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Exactly the same here, ordered on 2/22 and no confirmation that the price is locked in. Let me know how you do when yours arrives and I will do the same.
following this

Bobbygreen

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-door Sahara JL
I've read every post here & am still unclear.

With signed POC (sold order) and contract with price, PLUS the price protection code, there's no way the dealer can raise the price correct?