450 miles 2nd trip to dealer :(

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Eco on order.
EGR issues they say. Jeep had little to no throttle response. Towed to dealer they “fixed it” 12 hours later same thing. Back to dealer. Diff dealer they also “fixed it” I went to pick it up this evening. Didn’t get out of the parking spot/ no throttle. Srv manager said I drove it it was fine. It seems after it sits is when the issue happens. Also noted that the ground terminal can be taken off by hand and it’s tight. They ordered a new terminal. We will see what happens. Stay tuned for an update tomorrow.

‘Also noticed my rubicon next to a gas rubi mine is taller by an inch it seemed. I will take a tape measure with me tomorrow and see exactly but it’s deff taller. And I already put my winch and bumper on. ;) I guess that’s a plus. Other yellow can members check and see where yours sits vs a gasser please.
Sponsored

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
EGR issues they say. Jeep had little to no throttle response. Towed to dealer they “fixed it” 12 hours later same thing. Back to dealer. Diff dealer they also “fixed it” I went to pick it up this evening. Didn’t get out of the parking spot/ no throttle. Srv manager said I drove it it was fine. It seems after it sits is when the issue happens. Also noted that the ground terminal can be taken off by hand and it’s tight. They ordered a new terminal. We will see what happens. Stay tuned for an update tomorrow.

‘Also noticed my rubicon next to a gas rubi mine is taller by an inch it seemed. I will take a tape measure with me tomorrow and see exactly but it’s deff taller. And I already put my winch and bumper on. ;) I guess that’s a plus. Other yellow can members check and see where yours sits vs a gasser please.
Not good, second owner today with the same issue.

OP
OP
EcoDRubi

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. Not good at all. Hopefully they figure it out soon. I’m ready for delete tune already. I don’t even want more power I just want a delete tune lol.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Hope they get this bs cleared up for you ASAP. We should keep a running list of reliability issues on this forum that we can point to when FCA inevitably claims the issues are not common. @toolaide4fit you got any good ideas on that front?

Sponsored

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
No. Not good at all. Hopefully they figure it out soon. I’m ready for delete tune already. I don’t even want more power I just want a delete tune lol.
I wouldn’t even attempt it until at least 24 months or 24000 miles which ever comes first because then warranty is void and so is the possibly to file a lemon law.

However, considering the dealer can’t figure out what’s wrong. How exactly do they know the HP EGR is plugged on each end? Don’t remove. Just block. Seems getting an error code means nothing if they can’t duplicate the problem and with it blocked off there’s no longer a problem. Perhaps make friends with your service advisor. DEF and post DEF EGR might not be a concern. Boot the soot. :)

OP
OP
EcoDRubi

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No updates yet, I haven’t forgot about y’all.

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon diesel
I had put over 500 miles of in-town driving on my new Rubicon ecodiesel with no problems . Then I decided to take a 200+ mile round trip on the highway (70-75mph). On the way home the cruise control kicked off and the check engine light came on. The next work day I took it to the dealer and left it . They said the error code indicated a "swirl sensor" ? They reset the sensor, it didnt come back on, so they gave the Jeep back to me without doing or fixing anything.
I haven't taken it on any long rides since then, so dont know if its "fixed" or not.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had put over 500 miles of in-town driving on my new Rubicon ecodiesel with no problems . Then I decided to take a 200+ mile round trip on the highway (70-75mph). On the way home the cruise control kicked off and the check engine light came on. The next work day I took it to the dealer and left it . They said the error code indicated a "swirl sensor" ? They reset the sensor, it didnt come back on, so they gave the Jeep back to me without doing or fixing anything.
I haven't taken it on any long rides since then, so dont know if its "fixed" or not.
Maybe it was just reminding you not to use cruise control for 5000 miles?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey, Doug. Although we hope your recent visit has remedied your concerns, if they should arise again, we are here to help. Just send a private message.

Kate
JeepCares

Sponsored

OP
OP
EcoDRubi

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New PCM and negative battery terminal installed. Drove it 20 miles and dead throttle again. So it still hasn’t left the dealer. :(

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New PCM and negative battery terminal installed. Drove it 20 miles and dead throttle again. So it still hasn’t left the dealer. :(
Almost sounds like something is wrong with the throttle wire itself.

OP
OP
EcoDRubi

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They said they think it’s in the wiring so they are poking around. We will see what this week brings.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
They said they think it’s in the wiring so they are poking around. We will see what this week brings.
If you need any assistance while working with the dealer, EcoDRubi, please let us know!

Kate
JeepCares

OP
OP
EcoDRubi

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went to the dealership yesterday I picked up the jeep they said they drove it 50 or 60 miles and could not get the light to come back on. I drove at 28 miles and I lost my throttle. Engine light came back on so I Took it back to the dealer. I explain to the technician that the voltage was still running anywhere from 12.5 to 14.4 it fluctuates in between those two points at random times. He said he would focus troubleshooting around ground and voltage.
Sponsored