Sponsored

44 rear axle no longer added with anti spin diff on Sport?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Here is my window sticker from my sport s with LSD - the build sheet states M220 which leads me to believe the LSD option upgrades from a standard option D35 (M200) rear axle to a D44 (M220) rear axle.

618DAEC7-4F38-4604-B99F-11674E9454CF.png

aqualung

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU
At the end it says, Antispin Differential HD 44 Rear Axle. You’re good!

Sponsored

KarlChilders

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport 2 Door
If I end up getting stuck with a "Next Generation Dana 35" (dammit), I'm hoping they'd be AT LEAST as strong as the base JK rear axle... the old Dana 35 was notorious at its most polite.
I recently bought a 2018 JL Sport 2 Door Manual Transmission (February Production). The only options are AC, Deep Tint Windows, and Anti-Spin differential. The window sticker lists only "3rd Generation Dana Solid Rear Axle". I did a VIN Equipment List lookup through Jeep and it stated "Dana M186 Front Axle and Dana M220 Rear Axle" as well as "Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle". The VIN website is listed below:
https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
My 2019 JL 2-Door Sport S has "3rd Generation Dana®44 HD Rear Axle" listed under "Standard Equipment". I thought the Dana 44 HD was only on Sport S models which had the optional "Anti-Slip Differential Rear Axle". My JL happens to have the option, but the Dana 44 HD is not listed with that options, it's listed as Standard Equipment. Maybe Jeep isn't using the Dana 35 rear axles anymore.

Best,
-Tim

Just went thru the window stickers on the Jeep Wrangler JL Sport and Sport S inventory at my local dealer. Seems like all the Sport S models have the "3rd Generation Dana®44 HD Rear Axle" listed under Standard Equipment, regardless of whether they have "Anti-Slip Differential Rear Axle" and all the Sport models they currently have, none of them have the "3rd Generation Dana®44 HD Rear Axle" listed under Standard Equipment, but again, none of them have the "Anti-Slip Differential Rear Axle" as an option on those Jeeps.

Last edited:

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
My 2019 Sport built 11/2018 lists LSD and 44 axle.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
My 2019 JL 2-Door Sport S has "3rd Generation Dana®44 HD Rear Axle" listed under "Standard Equipment". I thought the Dana 44 HD was only on Sport S models which had the optional "Anti-Slip Differential Rear Axle". My JL happens to have the option, but the Dana 44 HD is not listed with that options, it's listed as Standard Equipment. Maybe Jeep isn't using the Dana 35 rear axles anymore.

Best,
-Tim

Just went thru the window stickers on the Jeep Wrangler JL Sport and Sport S inventory at my local dealer. Seems like all the Sport S models have the "3rd Generation Dana®44 HD Rear Axle" listed under Standard Equipment, regardless of whether they have "Anti-Slip Differential Rear Axle" and all the Sport models they currently have, none of them have the "3rd Generation Dana®44 HD Rear Axle" listed under Standard Equipment, but again, none of them have the "Anti-Slip Differential Rear Axle" as an option on those Jeeps.
If you have a manual transmission you get the HD44 Rear Axle standard
If you order an automatic it will sometimes list the HD44 Rear Axle but then it is overwritten with the Dana M200( some people call it 35) if you get the automatic. This is on the build sheet.
If you order an automatic and want the HD44 (also known as M220) you have to order the Anti-Slip rear differential.

It's confusing but this is how it works.