4200 Miles, and zero oil

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle 80th Anniversary - Diesel
I'm a little embarrassed to say, but with modern engines, I 've gotten out of the habit of checking between oil changes (every 3,000 miles). Based on posts on this forum, I've been checking, but with 2,800 miles, I'm still full.
I would not be embarrassed at all. Engines do not consume oil like previous with the tight tolerances and all... I will be checking my eco diesel though based on this thread. That is why I subscribed to it. I will be letting you all know. I just hit 300 miles yesterday.

The torque on the diesel is like an electric engine. It just pulls, shifts gears, and pulls more. It even throws you back some. Not the hundred dollar bill on the dash throwback, but it has some get-up!
Advertisement

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I would not be embarrassed at all. Engines do not consume oil like previous with the tight tolerances and all... I will be checking my eco diesel though based on this thread. That is why I subscribed to it. I will be letting you all know. I just hit 300 miles yesterday.

The torque on the diesel is like an electric engine. It just pulls, shifts gears, and pulls more. It even throws you back some. Not the hundred dollar bill on the dash throwback, but it has some get-up!
Thanks. Try a throttle enhancer, and you'll really feel the low end.

Anthonyb1969

First Name
Anthony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlur diesel
Mine is leaking oil with around 4500 miles on it. Been in already for this issue going in again tomorrow.

DF957D90-48B4-4431-BFDE-5F401C841D0A.png

60E5A47F-A56A-4581-9FF3-F241CBEFADB3.jpeg

68A8B05C-FFC5-4E61-AA07-17F634F030B7.jpeg

GearWhore

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Mine is leaking oil with around 4500 miles on it. Been in already for this issue going in again tomorrow.
Sorry to hear you're in the club, too.

First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRUD, 2005 Porsche Boxster, 2011 BMW 335i
Occupation
Traveller of both time and space
This thread made me decide to check my oil at 9000 miles the oil was below the dipstick. Last time I checked it was at the bottom of the dipstick hash mark at 5000 miles. I ended up putting quart in and it was back at the halfway level. I looked underneath and there was just a little oil on the oil pan bolts on the passenger side. I took it in for my free wave oil change and they ended up re-torquing some things. I'll have to keep a closer eye on it...

Anthonyb1969

First Name
Anthony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlur diesel
This thread made me decide to check my oil at 9000 miles the oil was below the dipstick. Last time I checked it was at the bottom of the dipstick hash mark at 5000 miles. I ended up putting quart in and it was back at the halfway level. I looked underneath and there was just a little oil on the oil pan bolts on the passenger side. I took it in for my free wave oil change and they ended up re-torquing some things. I'll have to keep a closer eye on it...
Mine has been leaking passenger side at the turbo oil line.

Coronado

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
3200 miles on ‘21 JLURD; added slightly more than 1/2 quart of 5w40 after discovering minimal oil on stick. No evidence of leak during thorough inspection. 1/2 quart added shows at mid-point on stick. Keep a quart of MS-12991 API SN (or higher) 5w40 on-hand and check oil level, regularly.

Last edited:

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle 80th Anniversary - Diesel
Mine just turned 5000 miles old and the oil has been slowly disappearing from the engine. I just added a quart today. I will watch the next 5000 miles and see if I continue to consume oil or not.

I think most people have the same experience.

Advertisement

Icon Vehicle Dynamics

Advertisement