Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
A couple years back when I was just getting bit by the Jeep and offroad bugs, I would've guessed that the bigger the tire size thread, the busier it would be. As it turns out, the 35 and 37 pic thread get far more action than the 38 and 40 pic thread. The existing 38/40 thread gets bumped to page 1 less and less often.

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Love the low stance. 2" lift only?

It depends on the pic you're checking out. I started out on RK2.5" springs but I was bouncing off the bump stops all the time. I was hoping the Nemesis flares would add some clearance but my Dynatrac axles are 72.5" wide so the tire is just out there.

I'm currently running RK 4.5" springs but pretty sure it is 3.5" worth of lift over stock. The spring pads on the Dynatrac axles are shorter than the stock pads.

45springs.jpg

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It depends on the pic you're checking out. I started out on RK2.5" springs but I was bouncing off the bump stops all the time. I was hoping the Nemesis flares would add some clearance but my Dynatrac axles are 72.5" wide so the tire is just out there.

I'm currently running RK 4.5" springs but pretty sure it is 3.5" worth of lift over stock. The spring pads on the Dynatrac axles are shorter than the stock pads.

Jeep Wrangler JL 40s ONLY! 45springs
I was mainly looking at the black and white shot. I'm very much leaning towards 38x15.5 swampers (I have them on my Ram and love them) with fender mods but no lift. Thinking it would sit with a similar stance. I don't wheel often as I have a 500+mile drive to find anything taller than a highway overpass to climb...

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I was mainly looking at the black and white shot. I'm very much leaning towards 38x15.5 swampers (I have them on my Ram and love them) with fender mods but no lift. Thinking it would sit with a similar stance. I don't wheel often as I have a 500+mile drive to find anything taller than a highway overpass to climb...
The black and white photo is RK 2.5" springs. Just keep it in mind that it really wasn't 2.5" of lift because of the axle swap. You wouldn't have to run as much bump stop as me with 38's. So you could probably get away with it.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
A couple years back when I was just getting bit by the Jeep and offroad bugs, I would've guessed that the bigger the tire size thread, the busier it would be. As it turns out, the 35 and 37 pic thread get far more action than the 38 and 40 pic thread. The existing 38/40 thread gets bumped to page 1 less and less often.
Come on now! Almost EVERYONE would be on 40s if money wasn't an issue. Of course 38s and 40s are less popular, simply for the fact that they will probably cost you 2 or 3 times as much once you factor in rubber, axles, and other necessities!

Man, my wife that makes more $$ than me, so almost 2 year of ownership and I'm only finally purchasing a lift next week (wafting on Independence Day sale from Metalcloak), to pair with the 37s I waited a year for!

Good for these guys to have the $$ to spare tho!

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
Come on now! Almost EVERYONE would be on 40s if money wasn't an issue. Of course 38s and 40s are less popular, simply for the fact that they will probably cost you 2 or 3 times as much once you factor in rubber, axles, and other necessities!

Man, my wife that makes more $$ than me, so almost 2 year of ownership and I'm only finally purchasing a lift next week (wafting on Independence Day sale from Metalcloak), to pair with the 37s I waited a year for!

Good for these guys to have the $$ to spare tho!
Also people like me who like to drive there JL like a sports car;) 40’s make Jeeps slow and flip easier, but they look awesome!

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Also people like me who like to drive there JL like a sports car;) 40’s make Jeeps slow and flip easier, but they look awesome!

I'll race you any day.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on 38x13.50's for now. Paired them with a 17x9 wheel with -12 offset. I was shocked to see how much faster I was going around curves I take everyday compared to my previous 35x12.5's on +44 offset stock wheels.

I definitely lost a bit of pep off a dead stop, but no where nears as much as I original expected. I did keep an eye on wheel and tire weight while choosing, so I ended up with a relatively lightweight combo given the size.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm on 38x13.50's for now. Paired them with a 17x9 wheel with -12 offset. I was shocked to see how much faster I was going around curves I take everyday compared to my previous 35x12.5's on +44 offset stock wheels.

I definitely lost a bit of pep off a dead stop, but no where nears as much as I original expected. I did keep an eye on wheel and tire weight while choosing, so I ended up with a relatively lightweight combo given the size.
On my Ram I was running 35x12.50x17 Thornbirds with no offset and the truck wanted to roll on even mild curves. I chopped my fenders and went to 38x15.5x15 SSRs with near zero backspacing (tires waaay out there) and I could take "dead man" curves at higher than posted speeds with little issue
Sponsored