ah-z

First Name
ah-z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLRU, Twisted Customs Rock Crawler
Vehicle Showcase
This thread has been a lot of help, especially with the trimming.

The pile of parts in the garage include:
Front RVC - Fad delete
Reid Knuckles
Dynatrack Ball Joints
4:88 gears
Dana 44 Advantek Rear axels
Artec F & R truss with c gussets & lower skids
Apex steering boost
MetalCloak Sector shaft brace & Track bar bracket
Steering box upgrade
40x13.5R17 Yokohama Geolander MT 003
17in Machined Bead Lock wheels

Figured that this build up on the 44's will be enough to drive 99% of the trails I want to, still drive home and be used as the wifes daily daily. Anything more extreme and I'll take the crawler out.

We go on vacation at the end of the month and that's when it'll all be installed.
I'll wait till I get back before I do the trimming.

Sponsored

ah-z

First Name
ah-z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLRU, Twisted Customs Rock Crawler
Vehicle Showcase
Would be good to add a red neck ram to that list
I have the Apex,

I've installed a few to JL's with 40's and wheel with guys who have it.
Unless I want to move rocks with the wheels I'll be fine. I know there some limitations but it is a compromise for a daily and budget, especially being the wifes car. I just want it at a level that when she's following me with the jeep, its a little more forgiving on parts

I can either throw money at my rock crawler buggy or her car.... I like my toy better

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
I have been running stock Rubicon axles with 40s for almost 25k miles now. I added Barnes 4wd trusses and Spicer chromoly shafts in the rear. Oh and thats stock gears also. Its all about driving style and what your willing to deal with so to speak. I have no issues that I can’t handle. Yeah it’s probably not the preferred way to go but it’s working for now. Was still using the front stock drive shaft til recently. I have wheeled this at Vernal, Moab and Sand Hollow and I’m from the South in NC and I do not own a trailer.

Jeep Wrangler JL 40'S on your JL IMG_20230323_185132155_HDR

how are the stock Dana 44s holding up now? @longleaf_JL

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I wish I had gotten the painted fenders I've got the black. trying to figure out which ones I like I want ones that still have a running light built in but there's only like two choices Road armor and I think they're too square looking Do y'all like the road armor ones? And the medical has a little running light but I didn't like that ball up front and not much coverage for stuff splashing on the sides What aftermarket finish do y'all like The painting ones look really good on your army green Jeep

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
how are the stock Dana 44s holding up now? @longleaf_JL
I didn't think they were stock anymore, I would not call an axle stock when everything has been swapped out. Trussed, different axle shafts, different gears, That is like almost $3000 in upgrades to the rear axle and even more to the front axle by the time you put ball joints and beefier steering components in the front end.

Reactions: J0E

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
I didn't think they were stock anymore, I would not call an axle stock when everything has been swapped out. Trussed, different axle shafts, different gears, That is like almost $3000 in upgrades to the rear axle and even more to the front axle by the time you put ball joints and beefier steering components in the front end.
Meh..

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
I have the Apex,

I've installed a few to JL's with 40's and wheel with guys who have it.
Unless I want to move rocks with the wheels I'll be fine. I know there some limitations but it is a compromise for a daily and budget, especially being the wifes car. I just want it at a level that when she's following me with the jeep, its a little more forgiving on parts

I can either throw money at my rock crawler buggy or her car.... I like my toy better
100% Apex won't cut it.
Apex helps, but only a little, plus me and others have blown the seals due to the "safe" pressure. And I broke my pitman arm...

PSC on order.. To be used with Apex at 1800 vs 2000psi..

Jeep Wrangler JL 40'S on your JL 20230917_150339
Sponsored