Sponsored

40" Pro-xs, 3.5" Game Changer and Beadlocks on...

Vettethret

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel/2022 X3M Comp
Well, it took 3 months to get it done due to the parts coming in slowly, but its done. These are extremely aggressive tires and took balancing beads and 13 ounces of weights, but the Jeep drives outstanding on road. I am FLOORED by the performance and the LOW END TORQUE of this little turbo motor. After building 6 other JK/JL's with the 6 Cylinder, this motor absolutely blows them away. I had 5:13 gears ready to go after I broke everything in, but I cancelled them after driving the Jeep. Its unreal the power this thing has. I saved the money on gears and kept the stronger Ring & Pinion. The owner of the shop had to double check to see if I already did gears, he couldn't believe the power either. So glad I got this motor. This was a large build, very happy with the way it turned out!

Parts-
3.5" MC Game Changer
17x9.5 Raceline Beadlocks
40X13.5X17 MT Pro XS
Yeti Tie Rod/ Draglink
Synergy TrackBar brace
Artec Trusses (Still waiting to install)
Alcon 6 Piston front brakes
DV8 Inner Fenders
AAL Fender Delete
Baja Designs SQuadron Pros
Baja Designs LP4's
Diode Dynamics rear 30" Bar
Warn EVO 12s
Poison Spyder Bruiser Rear Bumper
LOD Destroyer front Stinger
LOD Sliders
DV8 Rock Skins
Tom Woods Ds
Maximus 3 Roof Rack/Ladder
S&B Cold air Filter with Hood scoops
Turbosmart Blow off valve
AFE Mach Force
Tazer
Waiting for Ram Assist
Bunch of small stuff...

Jeep Wrangler JL 40" Pro-xs, 3.5" Game Changer and Beadlocks on... jeeptoday
Jeep Wrangler JL 40" Pro-xs, 3.5" Game Changer and Beadlocks on... JEEP4
Jeep Wrangler JL 40" Pro-xs, 3.5" Game Changer and Beadlocks on... JEEP3
Sponsored

Last edited:

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Well, it took 3 months to get it done due to the parts coming in slowly, but its done. These are extremely aggressive tires and took balancing beads and 13 ounces of weights, but the Jeep drives outstanding on road. I am FLOORED by the performance and the LOW END TORQUE of this little turbo motor. After building 6 other JK/JL's with the 6 Cylinder, this motor absolutely blows it away. I had 5:13 gears ready to go after I broke everything in, but I cancelled them after driving the Jeep. Its unreal the power this thing has. I saved the money on gears and kept the stronger Ring & Pinion. The owner of the shop had to double check to see if I already did gears, he couldn't believe the power either. So glad I got this motor. This was a large build, very happy with the way it turned out!

Parts-
3.5" MC Game Changer
17x9.5 Raceline Beadlocks
40X13.5X17 MT Pro XS
Yeti Tie Rod/ Draglink
Synergy TrackBar brace
Artec Trusses (Still waiting to install)
Alcon 6 Piston front brakes
DV8 Inner Fenders
AAL Fender Delete
Baja Designs SQuadron Pros
Baja Designs LP4's
Diode Dynamics rear 30" Bar
Warn EVO 12s
Poison Spyder Bruiser Rear Bumper
LOD Destroyer front Stinger
LOD Sliders
DV8 Rock Skins
Tom Woods Ds
Maximus 3 Roof Rack/Ladder
S&B Cold air Filter with Hood scoops
Turbosmart Blow off valve
AFE Mach Force
Waiting for Ram Assist..
Bunch of small stuff...

Can I get a small loan of $20k to do the same? 😂 JK, looks amazing!

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Nice looking ride! I really like those tires, but a directional spare makes my OCD flare up. lol

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I have tire envy..

OP
OP
Vettethret

Vettethret

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How’s the steering in 4 low off road
Just got it built and moved from ID to Fl. Haven't driven it much or been off road. I can tell you in snow, these tires have ridiculous grip!

Sponsored

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
How are the tires for flat spotting and highway use? I have the exact set sitting in my garage in a 35/13.50 but I wont see them on for probably 2-3 weeks while my jeep is in the shop waiting on back ordered parts.

I cant wait to get them on, but in the meantime I have to listen to everyone tell me how its going to be a horrible ride and that itll be too loud to drive on the highway(as if i wasnt already prepared for that)

OP
OP
Vettethret

Vettethret

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How are the tires for flat spotting and highway use? I have the exact set sitting in my garage in a 35/13.50 but I wont see them on for probably 2-3 weeks while my jeep is in the shop waiting on back ordered parts.

I cant wait to get them on, but in the meantime I have to listen to everyone tell me how its going to be a horrible ride and that itll be too loud to drive on the highway(as if i wasnt already prepared for that)

My Mud Grapplers were louder, I love these tires. If it sits for a long time, it will drive wobbly for a couple of miles, but once you get a couple miles on them they are fine. Than only happens if I dont drive it for a couple of days. For what these tires are, they drive very good on the road.

Stellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD; '20 Denali 3500; Hummer H2; Huracan
My Mud Grapplers were louder, I love these tires. If it sits for a long time, it will drive wobbly for a couple of miles, but once you get a couple miles on them they are fine. Than only happens if I dont drive it for a couple of days. For what these tires are, they drive very good on the road.
Build looks awesome. My Baja Pro XS 40's just showed up, couldn't resist these gnarly tires once I seen how well they did down in Moab.

I may have missed the response, however did you use beads for balancing or did your shop have a Hunter Road Force balancer or similar type of set up that they used?

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Looks Great! I just completed a very similar installation, except I went with BFG KM3 37" as I was afraid of the axles holding up off-road to anything bigger. You may notice the engine lug a bit off-road without the gearing change. I am a bit heavier with the full MC underbelly skid plate system. Might have been worse for me at altitude, but I can tell you that the 5.13 gear change gave me a significant bust in power and MPG.

Couple of questions:

How do you like the AFE? I have read so many mixed reviews on real power gains from intakes on the JLUR. I know it made a difference on my TJ. I have already swapped out the exhaust.

What Ram assist are you going with?
Sponsored