4 Wheel Tow with Blue Ox

Culvermerc1

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4 Door
Well, the Blue Ox base plate and wiring harness has arrived and have been installed. Left the plastic belly plate off, intact, for later replacement if needed. Have been on two weekend camping trips with no issues aside from the transfer case being very difficult to get into neutral. It has seemed to become easier but still difficult .
Sponsored

FLSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-door Rubicon & 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
Have been on two weekend camping trips with no issues aside from the transfer case being very difficult to get into neutral. It has seemed to become easier but still difficult .
Culvermerc1 ... do you have a manual or automatic transmission?

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Will be installing my BlueOx baseplate this weekend and if time permits my Cool Tech wiring harness.

Quick question for those of your with the steel bumper group (or maybe it's on all Rubicon's?) - how did you cut the "notches" in the front skid plate? Angle grinder is where I'm leaning.

Thanks in advance!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Will be installing my BlueOx baseplate this weekend and if time permits my Cool Tech wiring harness.

Quick question for those of your with the steel bumper group (or maybe it's on all Rubicon's?) - how did you cut the "notches" in the front skid plate? Angle grinder is where I'm leaning.

Thanks in advance!
Steel bumper is a thousand dollar+- option on the Rubi.

When you do the base plate install, just remove and leave off the plastic under the front end of the JL. Don't bother trying to cut the plastic and use. You really don't need it.

As for tool to use for cutting, can't help you there as I have not done the deed on my JL rubi. Have installed many BlueOx baseplate on JK's, but never on a JL Rubi.

You made the right choice going with Cool Tech. Been using their offerings since 2007.

Sponsored