Sponsored

4 Way Flashers coming on MANUAL JEEPS

Bloody Marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP 2 DR WILLYS 21, CHEVY TRAIL BOSS 19
Checking to see if I'm the only one this has happened to. When shifting my knuckles have hit the 4 way button located just in front of the shifter going into 3rd gear. It's happened a few times now. So I'm driving along & look down to see that they are on & then wonder how long they've been on :)
People looking at me like WTF?!?!?
Usually the radio is going & I've had the top off for several weeks now so it's not something that I see easily.
Just me?
I'm now adjusting the way I grab my knob, yep, I said it.
Sponsored

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Checking to see if I'm the only one this has happened to. When shifting my knuckles have hit the 4 way button located just in front of the shifter going into 3rd gear. It's happened a few times now. So I'm driving along & look down to see that they are on & then wonder how long they've been on :)
People looking at me like WTF?!?!?
Usually the radio is going & I've had the top off for several weeks now so it's not something that I see easily.
Just me?
I'm now adjusting the way I grab my knob, yep, I said it.
Not the flashers, but sometimes I tend to adjust the A/C Fan speed or turn it on "Auto". I also hate my wife's Camelback being in the forward cup holder!

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Not the flashers, but sometimes I tend to adjust the A/C Fan speed or turn it on "Auto". I also hate my wife's Camelback being in the forward cup holder!
Yea the water bottles in the front cup holder seem to cause more of an issue for me although I did notice my flashers were on yesterday. No idea how long they were on, but after reading this, that is likely the issue. :CWL:

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I've hit the flashers a time or two, yes. Ooops.

JeepinPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR, '95 Land Cruiser
Flashers, no. Turned off the climate control on more than one occasion. The shift lever could have used a little more angle towards the driver IMO.

Pete

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Never had that problem but then again it might be your hands...

Jeep Wrangler JL 4 Way Flashers coming on MANUAL JEEPS 1624997677584

On a serious note I have had large drink cups in the holders and they can be a problem, especially straws that can annoy the crap out of a shift.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Never had that problem but then again it might be your hands...

Jeep Wrangler JL 4 Way Flashers coming on MANUAL JEEPS 1624997677584

On a serious note I have had large drink cups in the holders and they can be a problem, especially straws that can annoy the crap out of a shift.
That's part of my issue, hot dog fingers. Seriously, it's like shaking hands with a fist full of bananas.

linux_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 6-speed manual, 2011 Compass 5-speed manual
Where I live, folks use flashers to communicate to others that it is raining. And then continue to change lanes frequently. Instead of no blinkers when changing lanes, there are lots of blinkers. Would probably be simpler to signal before lane changes always and to turn on headlights when raining. But we don't do simple. I want a train horn for these fools.

I have accidentally activated flashers while shifting. Took me a few moments to figure out how to turn the rain indicator signals off since I did not deliberately turn on. Ricky Bobby and Joe Dirt driving next to me probably asked out loud why I would flash without rain.

The Jeep vs car pictures of collisions give me hope. The squatty high hood/ low back end trucks not so much. For poetic justice, I hope they hit the folks with blacked out tail lights. Or other squatties. Natural selection, if you will.

Gotta go. Surely there is someone to chase off my lawn.

BeeLDub

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Only once, but only 500mi on it so far

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i almost always bump my a/c speed control. I think i have hit the flashers once

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
Sidebar comment, apologies to the OP:

Thanks, Sheepjeep, for the Peter Townsend comment and insert. It brings back memories of seeing The Who perform Tommy live at the Boston Tea Party a long, long time ago. Googling suggests that this performance was in May, 1969. The Boston Tea Party concert venue was a converted church, everyone sat on the floor, just feet from the stage. Concerts were affordable to students! Townsend was directly in front of me! Nobody had heard of a Rock Opera before, and Tommy performed live by The Who was absolutely FFO incredible!​
Sponsored