4-Hi Slips Into Neutral

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
As others have said, it's a break in thing. Ours did it several times when it was new. If you are in a technical spot where you really don't want it to pop out, just hold the shifter down with your right hand so it can't slip forward.
Sponsored

Cinby411

First Name
Cin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willy's
As others have said, it's a break in thing. Ours did it several times when it was new. If you are in a technical spot where you really don't want it to pop out, just hold the shifter down with your right hand so it can't slip forward.
It could be a different root problem and that is just one of the symptoms. When I brought t to the dealership, they said something is definitely very wrong with it. I bought the jeep brand new. I was not going to take a chance with anything being slightly wrong with it while it's covered under warranty.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
It could be a different root problem and that is just one of the symptoms. When I brought t to the dealership, they said something is definitely very wrong with it. I bought the jeep brand new. I was not going to take a chance with anything being slightly wrong with it while it's covered under warranty.
We bought ours new, it did the same thing the 1st few trips. It hasn't done it since. The dealers reply shows just how little actual wheeling experience they have in my opinion. Can they adjust the linkage and make it less likely? Probably. Is it necessary or worth my time involved with the dealer? Absolutely not for me. Not criticizing anybody who wants to have the dealer do their job, but in my experience it's a common "problem" that fixes itself like breaking in a new pair of boots.

Laurrellye

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I had this happen. I brought it to the dealership. They confirmed it was a problem with the transfer case. They ordered a transfer case. It took almost a month to come in. They fixed it in a day. I picked it up. On the way home, I wanted to test it the problem was solved. I was driving on a regular street, going slow speeds, and all of a sudden lost power to the wheels and almost got in an accident because of the cars behind me. I could not shift the transfer case back. The shifter was stuck. The transmission was on drive but when I pressed the gas, the car did not move. I filed a claim with FCA, (Fiat, Chrysler, Association). They do not want another lawsuit so they will either buy back my vehicle or trade in for significantly lower than invoice price, is what I've researched. I am waiting for them to call me for the next steps.
Thank you for posting this. I'm having the exact same issue. My Jeep first did this on day 1 driving home from the dealership. It was in the shop for over a month waiting for a new transfer case. I got it back 2 days ago and am still having the same issue. I've nearly gotten into accidents twice due to not being able to accelerate suddenly. This is a more extreme issue that's not going to work itself out.
Sponsored