First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2-Door Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Financial Services
I’m installing a Teraflex 2.5” lift on my 2-Door JL Rubicon right now. The box the springs came in is labeled for a 2-Door but the springs are for a 4-Door per the model numbers in the instructions compared to the spring model numbers. I didn’t pay attention when installing the fronts since driver and passenger are interchangeable. I did notice when I got the the rear. What affects and issues do you guys think will occur with the 4-Door springs on a 2-Door?

Update: I wanted to come back here and type out an update for those who run across this post and if someone finds themselves in the same situation. I should have done this before now, but life. Anyway, the model numbers on the springs I received did not match the model numbers in the parts listing in the kit instructions for a 2-door but were 1 digit off from the 4-door springs listed there. I ended up calling Teraflex customer service so they could check the spring part numbers for correct fitment. They didn't have an explanation for the mismatch with the documentation, but were able to confirm the springs were indeed for a 2-door JL. Admittedly they said the instructions were confusing in regards to the part numbers. All good in the end and TF was more than helpful in regards to customer service.
Sponsored

Last edited:

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
4dr coils on a 2dr Jeep will result in a higher lift than advertised for the 4dr. But I don't know how TF specs out their coils, maybe the 1.5" 4dr lift is the same coil they use for the 2.5" 2dr lift - not sure.