Sponsored

4 door suspension on a 2 door

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 2.0l and a 2022 JLU Willys 3.0l
I'm wondering if take off suspension from a 392 would work on a 2 door JL.

I understand it would fit, but would it be way too rigid and would it cause the nose to point up hilariously high?
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Depends on how you outfit and use your Jeep. The 4dr 392 suspension is designed to carry more weight. So you need that extra weight in order for that suspension to work well. if you wheel with a lot of gear, outfitted for overlanding, steel bumpers, winch, etc bringing you to close to GVWR it could work. But if you're not changing the suspension to accommodate extra weight you'll be way to stiff and it may sit a little strange.

OP
OP
Calvinshanne21
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man, this lines up exactly with some other feedback I got.
$300 392 take off was very tempting.

TimJL

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Thanks man, this lines up exactly with some other feedback I got.
$300 392 take off was very tempting.
Thats an amazing price! I would buy it just to test it. Cheapest I've seen locally is around $600. I was also looking into doing the same thing but I was also thinking of adding adjustable track bars since the lift from the 392 might be a lot more than 2-3 inches.

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
Having a vehicle with too-stiff lift springs can be really awful.
There are two ways to get lift height - stiffer springs or longer springs.
In this case, the 392 is going to have much stiffer springs than a V6 or turbo 2 door. So it's going to ride like heck - especially with the short 2 door wheelbase.

If coin is currently limited, you'll get a much more satisfactory solution by just adding some coil spacers and bump stop extensions than by adopting springs and shocks second hand from a much heavier vehicle.

Two cents.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Calvinshanne21
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats an amazing price! I would buy it just to test it. Cheapest I've seen locally is around $600. I was also looking into doing the same thing but I was also thinking of adding adjustable track bars since the lift from the 392 might be a lot more than 2-3 inches.
Thanks man, I read a little more into it and to make it all work would have taken a lot more money. Im certain it would’ve worked on my ecoD but the time factor wouldn’t have been worth it for me.
it was an idea though! Lol

OP
OP
Calvinshanne21
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having a vehicle with too-stiff lift springs can be really awful.
There are two ways to get lift height - stiffer springs or longer springs.
In this case, the 392 is going to have much stiffer springs than a V6 or turbo 2 door. So it's going to ride like heck - especially with the short 2 door wheelbase.

If coin is currently limited, you'll get a much more satisfactory solution by just adding some coil spacers and bump stop extensions than by adopting springs and shocks second hand from a much heavier vehicle.

Two cents.
This is good advice. Thank you for that.
i decided to not even bother. The spacer idea sounds really good, but might just wait and go with Mopar 2”. We’ll see!!
Sponsored