4 door rubicon take offs on 2 door?

Alleycat14

First Name
Donna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy’s
I have a 2 door Willys and have a chance to get takeoffs from a 4 door Rubi with steel bumpers and tow pkg. Will this set up on make mine a rougher ride? If not, what else am I going to need to add?
Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I have the same springs (fronts were PN's ending in 60/61 and rears in 90/91) in my 2-door Sport. With the Rubicon 285/70s and Rubicon springs/shocks I feel like my Jeep rides better now than it did stock. I know some disagree, but ride is a subjective thing I guess. There's road construction, potholes, and lots of rail crossings where I live, and it's smoother over those imperfections than with the OEM springs and 245/75 Bridgestone A/Ts.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I have a 2 door Willys and have a chance to get takeoffs from a 4 door Rubi with steel bumpers and tow pkg. Will this set up on make mine a rougher ride? If not, what else am I going to need to add?
You already have the Rubicon shocks w/ the Willys pkg (should be the same part# for them) so you won't notice much of a change in the ride. I just have a base Sport S 2dr and swapped the same springs (4dr w/ steel & tow) and got about 2" lift and got used to the firmer ride almost immediately, much prefer that type ride anyhow :)
Here's my install thread and I would get the longer Mopar LCAs too, install & info is 4 posts down in this thread too :)
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/
Sponsored