4 door rubicon suspension on 2 door sport

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I’m confused on spring ID’s. A member local to me has rubicon take off springs, shocks, lower control arms, and track bar for $150.

The part that’s confusing to me is spring #’s. The photos he has shows the following springs 657AD and 658AD, as well as 589AA and 590AA, the chart in the sticky says the springs are JLU Sahara if I’m reading it right? The shocks are clearly rubicon red.

My second question has to do with caster, if these are rubicon springs and I get the 1.75-2” lift I’m hoping for, will the rubicon LCA’s correct the caster angle or would I still need the mopar lift LCA’s?
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I’m confused on spring ID’s. A member local to me has rubicon take off springs, shocks, lower control arms, and track bar for $150.

The part that’s confusing to me is spring #’s. The photos he has shows the following springs 657AD and 658AD, as well as 589AA and 590AA, the chart in the sticky says the springs are JLU Sahara if I’m reading it right? The shocks are clearly rubicon red.

My second question has to do with caster, if these are rubicon springs and I get the 1.75-2” lift I’m hoping for, will the rubicon LCA’s correct the caster angle or would I still need the mopar lift LCA’s?
Only the Rubicon springs and Shocks are different than Sports/Saharas. The upper & lower control arms, track bar, drag link, end links are the same on all models.

AFAIK Rubicon 4drs will have springs taller than a 657

OP
OP

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Only the Rubicon springs and Shocks are different than Sports/Saharas. The upper & lower control arms, track bar, drag link, end links are the same on all models.

AFAIK Rubicon 4drs will have springs taller than a 657
the photos he has shows the numbers listed, the other thing noted is they’re from a 4dr rubicon plastic bumper, hardtop,and tow

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
the photos he has shows the numbers listed, the other thing noted is they’re from a 4dr rubicon plastic bumper, hardtop,and tow
It's quite possible they have a lower number, I'm not up on the full spring range for the Rubicons, does seem a bit on the low side however.

You could always add a spacer to make up some room there if needed.

OP
OP

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
It's quite possible they have a lower number, I'm not up on the full spring range for the Rubicons, does seem a bit on the low side however.

You could always add a spacer to make up some room there if needed.
I may pass on this one, just save up and get the Mopar lift.
Sponsored