Sponsored

4 Door Rubicon Springs on a 2 Door sport.

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Threw 4 door coils on my buddies new 2 door. Went up 1 7/8" . Test fitted my spare 35 on , looked great. Just incase anyone wanted to try. When i did this on my sport 4 door gave 1.5", so little but more.

Snapseed.jpg

IMG_9040.jpg

IMG_9046.jpg

IMG_9039.jpg

IMG_9041.jpg

IMG_9044.jpg
Sponsored

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
damn, that's a nice colour. your jeep would look killer with those 35's.

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, thanks for posting this. Been going back and forth about using Rubi takeoffs vs aftermarket lift. There are so many variables that it's pretty hard to know what you'll end up with so posts like this are a huge help. Keep us up to date if he swaps wheels and tires if you can. Thanks!

OP
OP
4LowPhoto

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Wow, thanks for posting this. Been going back and forth about using Rubi takeoffs vs aftermarket lift. There are so many variables that it's pretty hard to know what you'll end up with so posts like this are a huge help. Keep us up to date if he swaps wheels and tires if you can. Thanks!
3rd time doing this and just got another rubi lift for a buddy. For the $50-200 you find these for, it's so worth it, even if temporary.

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I hadn't thought of that, it's too cheap to not do. And if I don't like it, no big loss, take it off and resell it. I'm thinking I'd be perfectly happy with a Rubi lift and wheel/tire take offs anyway.

Sponsored

abJLin

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I was concerned about the 4 door rear springs being too firm for the 2 door and causing it ride higher in the back. Thanks for sharing this post, very helpful.

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
I was literally wondering something along these lines... Only the difference is I ordered a JLR. If I took the coils from a JLUR (especially if it had steel bumper and hard top etc) and threw them on a JLR would it "boost" me about an inch? I imagine the shocks would be about the same, but can swap those too just in case. Basically all I want is an inch and would rather not do a spacer.

rcpeters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 2019
From 2D Sport to 4D Rubicon sprigs and shocks the ride becomes stiffer. The shocks go from something like 35lb to 85lbs. I got about a 1 inch lift since I've added some weight to my sport (sliders, tools etc...). It handles brake drive and bigger potholes significantly better. Small bumps and small road chatter is worse(fun times on poor freeways). You gain about 1.5 inches of shock travel. For me the trade off is worth it.

@BLLFRG
As far as going from JLR to JLUR springs I think spacers would be smarter. Switching from perfectly spec'd springs to ones that may or may not match doesn't seem worth the effort for what really be little performance gain. Travel and shocks are the same. You for each corner you might gain a unspecified change in ride height and may not match side to side or front to back. This is just just speculation on my part. Good luck!

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I forgot about this thread, glad some else brought it back. I've been riding on my JLUR springs, shocks wheel and tires with my 2dtr sport for about 5K miles. I got about 1" lift from the tires and about 1-1/2" from the springs. The shocks are longer than the sport shocks so it's good to use them too. I also upgraded the lower control arms to the mopar lift kit ones for about $70 to restore caster (they are about 1/4" longer). I'm very happy with the results although i'm beginning to wonder if the springs might be too stiff. I've tried to see how it flexes and I think between the short wheel base and being lighter it's not allowing for full travel although it could be the sway bar being connected. Need to look at this again.

20181027_122215.jpg

Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
I'm very happy with the results although i'm beginning to wonder if the springs might be too stiff. I've tried to see how it flexes and I think between the short wheel base and being lighter it's not allowing for full travel although it could be the sway bar being connected. Need to look at this again.
It's your sway bar. You're never going to get full flex with it connected.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
off topic...LOVE those Raceline clutch wheels.

CBurrr23

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Threw 4 door coils on my buddies new 2 door. Went up 1 7/8" . Test fitted my spare 35 on , looked great. Just incase anyone wanted to try. When i did this on my sport 4 door gave 1.5", so little but more.

Snapseed.jpg

IMG_9040.jpg

IMG_9046.jpg

IMG_9039.jpg

IMG_9041.jpg

IMG_9044.jpg
Do you happen to know what options the rubicon had that the springs came off? Hard top, steel bumper group, tow package?

Thanks
Sponsored