Sponsored

4 Door JLUR Rubicon suspension on 2 Door JL Sport. (Stock Wheels and Tires)

BoiledDogs

First Name
Tex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Gun Bunny
Hello y'all, I just installed a set of JLUR hardtop shocks and springs onto my 2 door Sport softtop. I'd say it lifted the Jeep around 1.5 to 2 inches which isn't bad considering the $100 cost for the suspension which also includes LCA, end links, and front track bar. Installation is relatively simple and can be done in an evening assuming you have all the tools. I will be taking it on the trail this weekend but based on 50 miles of highway and in town driving, it drives almost identical to the stock suspension. I have the stock tires and wheels for now but will be upgrading to 33s or 34s in the near future. If y'all have any questions about the install or how it drives, feel free to ask.
nc_oc=AQktA6BhTybeVwsmBCtiHsg1wnl8-PDG1LL1ZMhwmH111mPPSastmOtDhbn3pJG1x0k&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg
Sponsored

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
Did you measure the LCA on the Rubi vs Sport? Are the rubi ones longer?

I’ve seen other threads where people suggest new LCA from the Mopar lift kit (to add caster I believe).

OP
OP
BoiledDogs

BoiledDogs

First Name
Tex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Gun Bunny
Did you measure the LCA on the Rubi vs Sport? Are the rubi ones longer?

I’ve seen other threads where people suggest new LCA from the Mopar lift kit (to add caster I believe).
The LCA on the Sport and Rubicon are the same part so I didn't change it. While it will probably help to use the Mopar kit LCA, the stock one has given me no issues over the past 10 days.

nc_oc=AQlKwPtiNycinnJlO2_BpFFbcH8l05mV2RIoJ7crHxJPaRyv1WEYJTxm44Mu-PorJTY&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

Sponsored

Lil Punk'n

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangled jl sport
Occupation
Retired, School bus driver
The LCA on the Sport and Rubicon are the same part so I didn't change it. While it will probably help to use the Mopar kit LCA, the stock one has given me no issues over the past 10 days.

nc_oc=AQlKwPtiNycinnJlO2_BpFFbcH8l05mV2RIoJ7crHxJPaRyv1WEYJTxm44Mu-PorJTY&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg
I did the same thing, except I added a teraflex 1/2 in spacer kit. Got me 2 1/2 inches. Rides great , no steering issues.
Before:
20190828_123715.jpg
After:
20190902_150442.jpg

K007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Did you swap the spring isolators from the Rubi on to the sport, and what else did you swap from the Rubi like the trackbars or anything like that?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Did you swap the spring isolators from the Rubi on to the sport, and what else did you swap from the Rubi like the trackbars or anything like that?
Another member just confirmed in a different thread that the isolators are the same part number across all wrangler models.

When lifting, the front axle shifts towards the driver side and the rear towards the passenger. Higher lift equals more shift. Some report handling issues due to that shift while others don't. Some aren't bothered by the lack of symmetry and the suspension working at a slight angle between the axle and body, others don't mind spending a bit more to correct it. It comes down to how each individual vehicle reacts to the changes and/or how much the owner is willing to spend

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
This confuses me. Both front and rear track bars are fixed to frame drivers side and axles on the passenger side. how is it when lifted they go in different directions ?
BTW, I have the Mpoar lift installed on my JLR. No offset issues ? Caster is @ 6 BTW with kit LCA
The front track bar is attached to the driver side frame rail. The rear is attached to the passenger side frame rail

Lil Punk'n

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangled jl sport
Occupation
Retired, School bus driver
I
I only switched out the shocks and springs. Everything else is the same parts #.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BoiledDogs

BoiledDogs

First Name
Tex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Gun Bunny
I only swapped the shocks and springs. The trackbar, LCA, end links, and isolators are all the same part but its cool to have spares.

Jeeper123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL turbo
Hello y'all, I just installed a set of JLUR hardtop shocks and springs onto my 2 door Sport softtop. I'd say it lifted the Jeep around 1.5 to 2 inches which isn't bad considering the $100 cost for the suspension which also includes LCA, end links, and front track bar. Installation is relatively simple and can be done in an evening assuming you have all the tools. I will be taking it on the trail this weekend but based on 50 miles of highway and in town driving, it drives almost identical to the stock suspension. I have the stock tires and wheels for now but will be upgrading to 33s or 34s in the near future. If y'all have any questions about the install or how it drives, feel free to ask.
nc_oc=AQktA6BhTybeVwsmBCtiHsg1wnl8-PDG1LL1ZMhwmH111mPPSastmOtDhbn3pJG1x0k&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg
Your ride looks great! I just put new wheels and 285/70/17’s on my JLU Sport S and it looks better than I thought. I’m now looking to do the same as you have with the JLUR take off suspension. I’m kinda mechanically inclined and willing to attempt to do this myself. What tools are required, if you don’t mind me asking? Or, am I better off having someone else do it? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored