oomkin

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi all,

I am exploring the idea of buying a cheap set of sport takeoff wheels to replace 37s on long road trips, because I assume having much smaller wheels will reduce nvh on the highway.

I will store four 37s and one sport wheel in the cabin, and one 37 will be on the tailgate as per usual.

I have a Tazer JL to reprogram speedo.

I read on this forum somewhere that the computer does not like 4.88 gears even on 33s. Is this still true? Or should I leave the tire size setting to 37 inches?

Or is this generally a bad idea?

Thanks!
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Hi all,

I am exploring the idea of buying a cheap set of sport takeoff wheels to replace 37s on long road trips, because I assume having much smaller wheels will reduce nvh on the highway.

I will store four 37s and one sport wheel in the cabin, and one 37 will be on the tailgate as per usual.

I have a Tazer JL to reprogram speedo.

I read on this forum somewhere that the computer does not like 4.88 gears even on 33s. Is this still true? Or should I leave the tire size setting to 37 inches?

Or is this generally a bad idea?

Thanks!
Are you running 37" tractor tires? This doesn't seem worth it at all to have to manage approx 450+ lb mounted 37s in your cabin + have to swap wheels all the time + spend more $ on wheels/tires. I'd get a set of decent riding 37s and stick to one set.