Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD
Occupation
Welding Inspector
Clubs

Got it, makes sense. I went with a Teraflex RT3 lift for my JL, and it came with the bump stops, which I will say has helped but I do get a very minimal amount of bumper rub still in some situations with the Trail Grappler 38’s
my 3.5rk came with the bump stops needed I only installed what was necessary for 38s at the time though. Gutted rubicon fenders and artec non diesel inner fenders helped a lot too
Sponsored

OP
OP
JL_Wildlife

JL_Wildlife

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Turbo Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
my 3.5rk came with the bump stops needed I only installed what was necessary for 38s at the time though. Gutted rubicon fenders and artec non diesel inner fenders helped a lot too
Nice! I’ll check those out. One of the next mods I need to do is fender liners

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

what I meant by performance is acceleration and down shifting going up hills vs with 38's and 4.10s.
offroad performance is much better with bigger tires. it still creeps in 4 lo even though i would like to find a rubi transfer case to enhance that aspect some. I do need to add a little more bump stop to the front because at full lock it rubs the bumper when flexed out.
From your personal experience would there be any reason to go lower than 4.10s while running 38s? Hence I plan on moving to 38 still have 3.73s. With my sport transfer case in 4 low and the torque of the 3.0 I still feel it outperforms the torque of a gas Rubi. I've heard diesels will go all the way to $6-$7 even $8 a gallon in my crappy State of California this summer. This not being my daily driver and more of an overlanding vehicle I'll keep my lower RPMs and MPG while on the highway with my 373s.

Tpsillos

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD
Occupation
Welding Inspector
Clubs

From your personal experience would there be any reason to go lower than 4.10s while running 38s? Hence I plan on moving to 38 still have 3.73s. With my sport transfer case in 4 low and the torque of the 3.0 I still feel it outperforms the torque of a gas Rubi. I've heard diesels will go all the way to $6-$7 even $8 a gallon in my crappy State of California this summer. This not being my daily driver and more of an overlanding vehicle I'll keep my lower RPMs and MPG while on the highway with my 373s.
honestly the 3.73s and 38s was very drivable, but the 4.10 put it right back to where it was when new (3.73 and 32.8” tires). The biggest difference was going up hills without downshifting, but still much better than a gasser with 4.10s. I don’t see any reason in even 4.56 gears unless going to 40s

Tpsillos

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD
Occupation
Welding Inspector
Clubs

Nice! I’ll check those out. One of the next mods I need to do is fender liners
The diesel liners don’t have the clearance the gas liners have since the washer reservoir is in the way. But they fit nice with minor trimming to the reservoir.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JL_Wildlife

JL_Wildlife

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Turbo Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
The diesel liners don’t have the clearance the gas liners have since the washer reservoir is in the way. But they fit nice with minor trimming to the reservoir.
Nice! That’s good to know, I was not aware of that.

SOTA

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Willys 2dr
honestly the 3.73s and 38s was very drivable, but the 4.10 put it right back to where it was when new (3.73 and 32.8” tires). The biggest difference was going up hills without downshifting, but still much better than a gasser with 4.10s. I don’t see any reason in even 4.56 gears unless going to 40s
FWIW Jeep is going to put a 4.56 on the 2024’s with the 35 tire package.

Last edited:

Tpsillos

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD
Occupation
Welding Inspector
Clubs

FWIW Jeep is going to put a 4.56 on the 2024’s with the 35 wheel package.
They gotta do something to try and make up for the diesel engine I guess…
Sponsored