Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Will and his MC team have just released a 4.5" Gamechanger kit, and coils areseparately soon to be available to purchase seperately.

I'm thinking of getting a set for mine. I'm also contemplating their relatively new control arm drop brackets along with the added suspension height. Not too enthused about losing ground clearance for who knows how much improvement in on road drive ability, but also wonder how much of an issue that'll be with them buried more behind 40's vs smaller tires.

Any thoughts from you fine people?

Even with front and rear chopped fenders, a tad more suspension travel clearance is rarely a bad thing.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger! 20220513_105936_resized_20220519-134629
Jeep Wrangler JL 4.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger! 20220513_105852
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Will and his MC team have just released a 4.5" Gamechanger kit, and coils areseparately soon to be available to purchase seperately.

I'm thinking of getting a set for mine. I'm also contemplating their relatively new control arm drop brackets along with the added suspension height. Not too enthused about losing ground clearance for who knows how much improvement in on road drive ability, but also wonder how much of an issue that'll be with them buried more behind 40's vs smaller tires.

Even with front and rear chopped fenders, a tad more suspension travel clearance is rarely a bad thing.

Mike, with the extra inch would you need to consider anything with steering? Possibly raising TB and flipping DL. You are probably correct in your thinking the drop brackets would be fine riding on 40s 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mike, with the extra inch would you need to consider anything with steering? Possibly raising TB and flipping DL. You are probably correct in your thinking the drop brackets would be fine riding on 40s 🤷‍♂️
Will from Metalcloak has stated that their shop JLUR with this new kit and 38's hasn't shown signs of needing a flipped drag link and relocated track bar.

Maybe we can get @CloakedWillys to weigh in with his thoughts?

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Will from Metalcloak has stated that their shop JLUR with this new kit and 38's hasn't shown signs of needing a flipped drag link and relocated track bar.

Maybe we can get @CloakedWillys to weigh in with his thoughts?
It might not need it, but ours definitely drives better with it. Our front is ~3.5" lifted and I like the way it handles with the synergy kit. Not only does it raise the track bar for better roll center and less side to side movement during suspension travel, it also raises the sway bar axle mounts improving the sway bar angle at full droop. If we decide to go 39-40" on the next set of tires I might go for the metalcloak springs, but the 38's probably have 20-30k left in them.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

My 2 cents……. Since you’re on 40s your control arm angle is better than most. If you go up another inch or probably 1-1/2”-2” then if you use the drop brackets, it will drive as it does now theoretically…….

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Stop the madness! :LOL:

The steering drop brackets will absolutely make it drive better on road. I had the Teraflex ones for a while and it drove better. I removed them strictly for ground clearance when rock crawling which is the type of off-roading I do. I’m also on 37s with a 2.5” MC lift, so you’re 2.5” higher than me before getting the extra height. You know what? Forget what I said. Go for it!

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Mike,

I'm on 37s with 4.5ins up front and 4ins in the back. I dont have relocation brackets. I adjusted my LCA to 6 degrees. I may adjust another .5 this weekend. She rides fine down the road.

BTW. I bent the driver's tie rod end on the last outing. Dont know how 2.5 ton steering components can bend. Neverless, RPM Steering stated they will send a new one with a return label for the bent one. Great CS.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger! 1656783727019

Best of luck with your decision.

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It might not need it, but ours definitely drives better with it. Our front is ~3.5" lifted and I like the way it handles with the synergy kit. Not only does it raise the track bar for better roll center and less side to side movement during suspension travel, it also raises the sway bar axle mounts improving the sway bar angle at full droop. If we decide to go 39-40" on the next set of tires I might go for the metalcloak springs, but the 38's probably have 20-30k left in them.
Yeah, I definitely felt the immediate improvement after adding a rear track bar relocation bracket, so I agree with you on the merits of raising the roll center. I currently have the full Gamechanger with 3.5" springs and the 6-packs, so I'm hesitant to lose a chunk of uptravel by adding enough bumpstop spacers to keep the drag link from hitting the frame.

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My 2 cents……. Since you’re on 40s your control arm angle is better than most. If you go up another inch or probably 1-1/2”-2” then if you use the drop brackets, it will drive as it does now theoretically…….
Yeah, at nearly 4" of actual lift height over stock the arms aren't at a huge angle. I'm curious if a couple more degrees will really have enough of a noticeable affect to warrant the drop brackets. I know that having the arms parallel to the ground are a benefit offroad, in that the wheel end that's climbing doesn't also have to shift forward while being stuffed, adding more stress to the process.

I'm leaning towards getting the 2 sets of brackets along with the springs. I'll try the springs alone at first to get a comparison between the 3.5's and 4.5". Then I'll add the brackets to see if they are worth their weight. Worst case, someone here will get a great deal on them. Bright side is that at least I'll know first hand, and can report my findings here for the next person in line for the ride.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger! rollercoaster-fail

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Yeah, at nearly 4" of actual lift height over stock the arms aren't at a huge angle. I'm curious if a couple more degrees will really have enough of a noticeable affect to warrant the drop brackets. I know that having the arms parallel to the ground are a benefit offroad, in that the wheel end that's climbing doesn't also have to shift forward while being stuffed, adding more stress to the process.

I'm leaning towards getting the 2 sets of brackets along with the springs. I'll try the springs alone at first to get a comparison between the 3.5's and 4.5". Then I'll add the brackets to see if they are worth their weight. Worst case, someone here will get a great deal on them. Bright side is that at least I'll know first hand, and can report my findings here for the next person in line for the ride.
I'd be curious to see how that works out for you, I was eyeing those up myself!

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Mike, make sure to measure here before and after, I’m curious how close to the 4.5” it actually ends up giving…..Stock Rubi is 11.25 in this location…..

Jeep Wrangler JL 4.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger! 006FA0A8-42C4-4FB5-B79B-D98E0D1590FE

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Stop the madness! :LOL:

The steering drop brackets will absolutely make it drive better on road. I had the Teraflex ones for a while and it drove better. I removed them strictly for ground clearance when rock crawling which is the type of off-roading I do. I’m also on 37s with a 2.5” MC lift, so you’re 2.5” higher than me before getting the extra height. You know what? Forget what I said. Go for it!
Either I missed the first half of this conversation, or it's just that it's after 5pm in Texas. :beer::CWL:

OP
OP
Headbarcode

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They have a sale going this weekend FYI. If you're not 1st you're last, do it.
I see I'm not the only enabler around here. Hahaha! Unfortunately, their not yet available for purchase outside of the new kit. Otherwise, I'd already be waiting for a tracking number.
Sponsored