Sponsored

3rd New Windshield in 12mo - any takers how long b4 the 1st crack?

How long before I crack?

• Total voters

JPOutlaw

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL - The GOAT; 2012 JK - Junior
My wife is on her way home with our 3rd $500 windshield replacement. 30 mile trip from town to get home. Any guesses on how long this windshield will last? Mind you, I work from home and it's not driven daily. I'm not asking for a guess on a chip since these windshields seem to crack vs. chip.

I thought maybe we could have a betting pool - winner gets a free chip repair (lol). Here's to my insurance company and no deductible glass coverage and more than 3mo without a crack.
Sponsored

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
My wife is on her way home with our 3rd $500 windshield replacement. 30 mile trip from town to get home. Any guesses on how long this windshield will last? Mind you, I work from home and it's not driven daily. I'm not asking for a guess on a chip since these windshields seem to crack vs. chip.

I thought maybe we could have a betting pool - winner gets a free chip repair (lol). Here's to my insurance company and no deductible glass coverage and more than 3mo without a crack.
I had two replacements in a 5 month span of time. The last time it happened, I took it and had ClearPlex installed.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
My windshield is fine after 7 months. Replaced just 1 on my JK I had for 5 years. Maybe I’m just lucky.

Sponsored

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Is the JL more susceptible to windshield cracks than the JK?

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
My windshield is fine after 7 months. Replaced just 1 on my JK I had for 5 years. Maybe I’m just lucky.
Be careful saying that. You may of just jinxed yourself. Someone on here said something similar awhile back and the next day it happened .... lol

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I had two replacements in a 5 month span of time. The last time it happened, I took it and had ClearPlex installed.
How long have you had it on now? I'm very interested in it, just worried about scratches.

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 2016 Toyota Venza, 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1972 Jeep CJ5
Going on 1 month and 3000km without a crack. 70/30 Hwy/town

Sponsored

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How long have you had it on now? I'm very interested in it, just worried about scratches.
It’s has been on approximately one month and no problems. I don’t use my wipers much because my windshield is coated with Ceramic Pro, but the few times I used it during the last rain storm I didn’t have any issues with scratches.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Change your insurance policy to lower glass deductible. You'll save thousands.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Change your insurance policy to lower glass deductible. You'll save thousands.
I’m an insurance agent and already have full glass replacement on my vehicles. It doesn’t change the fact that it is inconvenient to keep having to take time out of my day to deal with regular breakages. In addition, some insurance companies will start asking questions if they see too many glass claims. The ClearPlex film I had installed should put the kabash on the breakages for awhile.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I’m an insurance agent and already have full glass replacement on my vehicles. It doesn’t change the fact that it is inconvenient to keep having to take time out of my day to deal with regular breakages. In addition, some insurance companies will start asking questions if they see too many glass claims. The ClearPlex film I had installed should put the kabash on the breakages for awhile.
Safelite will fix it in your driveway. I've yet to have any issues replacing glass once or twice a year for several years on my jeeps.

Raysanti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLU Sahara
Curious what deductible you all you guys went with? All these cracked windshield posts have me scared s***less.
Sponsored