Sponsored

$3k to move up to 22 model from 21 Worth it?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I'm seriously considering trading my 2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator hard top for a 2022 Wrangler Willys XR soft top. Main reason is after test driving a soft top Bronco I got soft top fever. And I really wanted Selec-Trac. Could not find one with it and every other option I wanted in Nacho. And missed the order window by a few days. I just really hate the idea of giving up Nacho. They are pretty rare. In 8 months I have never seen another one on the road.
Get a soft top for Your JT, a 2" lift and 35s. Done. If you know how and when to shift out of 4hi, you don't really need Selec-Trac
Sponsored

TMD78

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back again with JL#3, 2 door Willys
how long will you have to wait for the 22? I ordered my rubicon in July and it still hasnā€™t been built, and Iā€™ve already bought one from a lot a month ago because I couldnā€™t wait any longer. Whatever you do, donā€™t sell the current one until the new one is built in my humble opinion.

gregus73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0, 2021 Suburban Z71
Occupation
Stuff
I have a 21 Sting gray JLR and with the crazy prices for used I can update to a 2022 for about $3500 out the door. Iā€™d order another 6MT rubicon but might go to hydro blue this time. The benefit of the new model is the 8.4 radio and proximity locks are standard. I did add proximity on drivers side only on my current JLR. Current Jeep has about 7,000 miles.

benefits are the updated radio and proximity along with the warranty being reset. What do you all think?
On the plus side, those are 2 of my favorite extras. Use the proximity locks all of the time and very happy with the 8.4 radio.

I would rather have my money back from the hotspot or remote start.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Get a soft top for Your JT, a 2" lift and 35s. Done. If you know how and when to shift out of 4hi, you don't really need Selec-Trac
That's about $5k in upgrades that wouldn't even be covered under warranty. And that's doing it myself. I can trade out for much less. And I wanted Selec-Trac for wet and constant slippery conditions.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
$5k if you have a shop do it. A soft top is a driveway job that anyone can do, especially with this site or YouTube. Lifts on these JLs are not very hard to install at all. The only thing you would need to have done at a shop is an alignment. Aftermarket parts have their own warranty. But hell, a new Jeep is a new Jeep!

No offense, but I really don't understand the FCA USA/Stellantis factory warranty concern that so many here have. Many of you are trading so fast that it makes no difference anyway. And, they wont void the warranty on the entire vehicle for a lift kit or a soft top. It's that Jeep won't warranty those aftermarket items. Any issues with the aftermarket pats will need to be addressed with the company that made the parts.

I see your point though, and not everyone has the time, space, tools or aptitude to work on their Jeep, especially if it is the sole mode of transportation.

Sponsored

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$5k if you have a shop do it. A soft top is a driveway job that anyone can do, especially with this site or YouTube. Lifts on these JLs are not very hard to install at all. The only thing you would need to have done at a shop is an alignment. Aftermarket parts have their own warranty. But hell, a new Jeep is a new Jeep!

No offense, but I really don't understand the FCA USA/Stellantis factory warranty concern that so many here have. Many of you are trading so fast that it makes no difference anyway. And, they wont void the warranty on the entire vehicle for a lift kit or a soft top. It's that Jeep won't warranty those aftermarket items. Any issues with the aftermarket pats will need to be addressed with the company that made the parts.

I see your point though, and not everyone has the time, space, tools or aptitude to work on their Jeep, especially if it is the sole mode of transportation.
I do all of my own work.

Soft top $2k. $1500 if you are lucky enough to find a used one.
Mopar lift $1300 minimum.
35s $1500 or so plus mounting and balancing

Ideally would need new rims as a 315 isn't smart to run on stock width rims. It can be done. But it isn't the safest way.

nohandz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe Hellayella, 2019 Tesla Model 3 AWD
Depending on your options and tax situation, you might be able to get a new 4xe for no difference, or even pocket some cash. Mine was about 3k more than a similarly equipped gas model, or 7k less after taxes.

In Colorado, they will credit your trade for sales tax purposes, so you only pay on the net. Not sure why they make private sales pay tax every change of hands.

TheBroncoSux

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future '22 Firecracker Red Rubicon 4xe
Ordered a MY22 Rubicon 4xe this past Thursday. I'm expecting about 14 weeks for delivery.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Mine is about six weeks and 600 miles old. If I were to order it again (heavily optioned Rubicon) I would order the exact same vehicle. However, out of all the boxes I checked, I think the only two I could not live without are the A/C and 8.4ā€ screen with Alpine upgrade. FWIW.
You also couldn't live without those nice bright LEDs, over the sick room yell beam downgrade.

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Yeah I guess that's an option I could look into. Or a cash/trade deal.

Wow I was just looking at prices. The soft top is $2k to buy and a full hard top is $2300. That's crazy.
I purchased a new premium twill top with tinted windows w/all the hardware from Bamwholesale for 1600 in 2020 delivered to my door... I have a 2 door so not sure if there is a diff in price there. maybe check them out!

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I purchased a new premium twill top with tinted windows w/all the hardware from Bamwholesale for 1600 in 2020 delivered to my door... I have a 2 door so not sure if there is a diff in price there. maybe check them out!
I have a Gladiator. Prices are much higher. Which makes no sense since they are smaller and have less windows. Cheapest I have found new is $1800.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I have a Gladiator. Prices are much higher. Which makes no sense since they are smaller and have less windows. Cheapest I have found new is $1800.
Yeah that is pretty ridiculous! I don't think I've ever seen a Gladiator in Nacho......sounds nice!!!!
Sponsored