MrBear

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
So folks, How rare is rare? It's looking like 2021 is a close so,

How many 2021 392s have been built? How many 2021 392s Xtreme Recon packages slid through?

How many 2022 392s & 392 XRs do think will hit the street? Any rumors on mid-year (2022) factory equipment updates? Like the addition of the XR package.

Future Collectors vehicle? Future value? While chip and parts shortages made and make us nuts, it is also making the 392 more rare.

* I looked around and did not see any threads talking about this subject, if I missed one let know.
Sponsored

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Very Rare in my area. Our Phoenix Metro area is very large, with approx.. 10 Dealers. Every place one looks in this area, I see Wranglers, Wranglers and more Wranglers. But as for 392's, I have only seen one, in a LOW'S parking Lot. It had a Montana Plate on it.

Last edited:

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
So folks, How rare is rare? It's looking like 2021 is a close so,

How many 2021 392s have been built? How many 2021 392s Xtreme Recon packages slid through?

How many 2022 392s & 392 XRs do think will hit the street? Any rumors on mid-year (2022) factory equipment updates? Like the addition of the XR package.

Future Collectors vehicle? Future value? While chip and parts shortages made and make us nuts, it is also making the 392 more rare.

* I looked around and did not see any threads talking about this subject, if I missed one let know.
From what a I understand speaking with Stellantis executives on various cases, a 2021 392 XR is the rarest and most limited of all 2021 models. Production was limited to just a few weeks once they started the builds in the factory. Supply and quality control issues hit, D1’s were reverted back to D’s and many 2021 orders were either cancelled or converted to 2022 builds. I would be very interested to know the actual figures for the 2021 392 XR builds.

@Membrain may have the answer from his extensive 392 tracking.

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
They aren't THAT rare. The tracking spreadsheet someone has has listed ~2500 VINs for 392s but surely there are many that didn't get tracked for every one that did. Realistically I suspect that means they have probably made 8,000-15,000 of them but there doesn't seem to be reliable info on that.

15k would make it unusual to spot one, but not a total unicorn. While I know there are some in my metro area, I've never seen one on the streets. (and I've been watching for at least the 6 months since I decided to order one)

I don't think anyone cares if you got a "rare option" 392, unless you got one of the two gecko green ones, and even then anyone who really wants that color could repaint or wrap. This isn't a ferrari, it's still a jeep.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Great Jeep, but don't invest in one expecting a good return. The only vehicle that I've ever seen beat the S&P500 is the 1964 Ferrari GTO. Plus...you have to maintain, insure, and store them. [and...not drive them]. That said, the 392s will likely hold their value very well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
They aren't THAT rare. The tracking spreadsheet someone has has listed ~2500 VINs for 392s but surely there are many that didn't get tracked for every one that did. Realistically I suspect that means they have probably made 8,000-15,000 of them but there doesn't seem to be reliable info on that.

15k would make it unusual to spot one, but not a total unicorn. While I know there are some in my metro area, I've never seen one on the streets. (and I've been watching for at least the 6 months since I decided to order one)

I don't think anyone cares if you got a "rare option" 392, unless you got one of the two gecko green ones, and even then anyone who really wants that color could repaint or wrap. This isn't a ferrari, it's still a jeep.

I don't know...I think it's a Ferrari in Jeep clothing... ;)

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
What remains to be determined is if the 21’s will be the only 470HP ones in CARB compliant states

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
Hmmmm….so my Sarge 392 XR is one of only 919 built. Kinda cool I guess. Wish it was only one of two, then I would be interested in the return on my investment 😁

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
ive seen at least 5 392s where I live. More common than I thought itd be. but where I live I see a lot of G wagens and other absurdly expensive cars, so not surprised. People here spend all their $$$$ in cars.

If you wanna get something rare you gotta get a rolls royce lol. Kinda nice, i like being low key anyway.

Sponsored

WooPig

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUXRR 392
What remains to be determined is if the 21’s will be the only 470HP ones in CARB compliant states
i don’t think there’s any difference with 22MY’s.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
I‘d say very rare away from affluent areas. These are priced like luxury SUV’s. I live in south Florida and have been looking for a 392 in the wild for a few months now, since I‘m getting one. Haven’t seen one yet. I know local dealers have been selling them, lots of rich retirees down here, but haven’t seen one in the wild. Not one.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
S
i don’t think there’s any difference with 22MY’s.
So far the only confirmed change is the Cats but since you can order one Jeep should announce the specs so you know what you are ordering

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
This is from FB

1637535906756.png
So 919 392 XR’s actually built?
Hmmmm….so my Sarge 392 XR is one of only 919 built. Kinda cool I guess. Wish it was only one of two, then I would be interested in the return on my investment 😁
Same thought. Assuming the 919 392 XR’s were all actually built, not a bad number. I know at least 1 if not 2 that were lemons and are completely out of service. I will attempt to confirm with Stellantis ASAP.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21

I didn't know there were any Gecko 392's. That would've been my choice.
Sponsored